Tuesday 14 December 2021

My sympathies to all those suffering in the States due to the tornadoes

It was sad to see Kentucky so devastated, the hardest hit by the Tornadoes. Kentucky is a State where I normally like to spend the night when on-route to Disney World. I remember one night staying at a motel where next door was an ice-cream parlour and a cinema on the other side of that. I never could find that place again in other trips. I also saw a huge manor, hotel type I saw from the highway and meant to stop to spend the night in future. I couldn’t find that again either. I found the people in Kentucky pleasant and charming. When I travel through the States I am often mistaken as being from New York and then I explain I am from Canada. I miss going to the States and so it is painful when I see places I care about being torn apart by nature’s fury. We have had problems here as well on our West and East coasts and again, it is difficult to see so much suffering. Grief is an emotion that is quite painful. What happens when you lose everything? What happens when people you love are no longer, in an instant? What happens when your physicality, emotions and spirituality is challenged? Be a supportive ear for those who need to grieve and come to you. Don’t give advice. As how you can be supportive? Don’t judge. Walk with them. Grief is expressed differently from those who suffer from one another. When grief is complicated than individual therapy is required. My condolences to the families and survivors.

No comments:

Post a Comment