Saturday 19 June 2021

What a week!!!!

Do you ever get a week where everything is nutso? Well, I am very solution focused. Sorry I am a tad behind in my writing to you. One day was spent trying to figure out how to waste my time by trying to find my second vaccine which was not available though the press said it was. Another day was spent trying to make Revenue Canada happy. Fortunately I keep everything for 10 years, but how do I deliver all that out East? I never procrastinate. I believe in getting things done now, so it does not load up. This is why I sleep like a baby. How did that phrase start? Anyhow, my first experience with the vaccine was rather smooth. I went on line, signed up and ended up going where there is lots of free parking. I entered the line where people were squabbling and a fireman was loud enough to make the trees shake. Then there was a younger fireman more gently telling the elderly ladies that everyone would get in. I went for a walk and returned in time for my cue. I went in, all was organized and I showed my expired health card about five times and the print out of my appointment, once I believe. I saw another fireman vaccinating people and wondered who was at the station in case of a fire? I wouldn't mind being taken out of a building by a fireperson but getting a needle by one? Fortunately, I was sent to a woman and still wondering I asked how long she was giving needles? She said she had experience before attending for COVID. "Are you a nurse?" I asked hopefully. "I am a doctor," she replied. I breathed a sigh of relief. She then talked about what a beautiful day it was, attempting to distract me from the fatal shot. Of course I played along and said it was certainly a beautiful day as the needle pricked my arm. I thanked her and was informed I would not be getting a chocolate bar when I asked (Saw on the news that they were getting nice chocolate bars during the first days)went to sit down while I watched another woman being rude to one of the workers. I have my second date confirmed, however when the news told us we could get our second shot sooner and book on line if we received our first shot before a certain date, which I did, was a mess when I attempted that. I would share that but I have to prepare to work. So, I hope I am forgiven for being late this week. Hopefully things will get back to normal sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment