Thursday 24 June 2021

Do you like to read? What I have been reading lately.

Whenever I get a chance to read, I do. It may be during a meal if alone, or resting outside. I need to read much for work, however I also enjoy to read for fun. I get periodicals regarding Couple and Family Therapy from the American Association and Family Therapy Ass. I also get periodicals from Psychology today. I started reading Hemingway because I watched a movie based on his relationship with his second wife. I have a volume of classics. When I started his volume, I cringed because of a lion hunt. I find it difficult to read because I love animals and think of hunting as a primitive sport especially such majestic animals. However, his writing deserves his acclaim. I had to take a break after a few pages. I am also reading a small book about the Jesuits when they came to Canada and their experiences with the Native community. I also completed reading Coping With Family Violence by Dr Morton L. Kurland, MD. a psychiatrist, published in 1986. It is dated but very much still informative for young people who it is meant for. He mentions the Barbara Sinatra Center for children. I looked it up and am pleased it is still there in the U.S.A.This will be left out for someone to pick up. I also read a small illustration of the Islam religion. That already has been picked up by a frequent drive by person. I received the booklet on the Islam religion when I was touring a Mosque during “Doors Open.” There was another I skimmed through about the Hindu Religion some time ago but it was too massive to read completely. As you know I have donated most of my books at the beginning of the pandemic. What I find amusing is that now because of the pandemic and everyone going on line, they are buying books in bulk at used bookstores to give the impression they are well read. Now that is a research study for you. I am glad that my sense of humour is flourishing. It appears we are going into phase two where salons will open and I will be able to get my hair done. Right now it feels I am wearing a mop. It is heavy and longish. Fortunately it doesn’t look bad, but many a time, I have been tempted to cut it off myself. Thankfully, I didn’t do that. Unfortunately, I haven’t had time to focus and write my book lately, due to other commitments. It would be easier if I was writing about therapy, but I just need to catch up and then be able to concentrate on my creative juices. I shall get there. I am always evaluating my associations and my services. I have decided to decrease my services and focus more on my private practice. I have turned down opportunities of interest because of my work load, so I am changing the load. What are you reading? Do you like your work? Do you have control of your life and where you want to be at? Please do not hesitate to ask if you have a question or if you want to share. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment