Friday 30 November 2018

Are you ready for Christmas? Made in China....using acronyms - gotcha

Recently I was asked if I was all ready for Christmas. Ready? For Christmas? Naught! Times goes so fast and putting on the breaks just doesn't do it. So yesterday while conducting one of my chores, I happened to be at a store and noticed a beautiful house coat with two accessories of soap or lotions, presented and packaged so beautifully that it caught my eye. It had an opening ecouraging me to touch the softness. The marketing worked. I approached the beckening gift and picked it up for closer observation. I did not touch the tempting fabric. I read where it was made. I was confused. It had three letters. I approached the saleswoman and asked where the item was made. She looked at it and said it was made in the U.S. I told her it was packaged there but not made there. She nods and notices the three letters. She then went to Siri and asked. I hear the voice indicating it is from the Republic of China. Gottcha! It is made in China. The saleswoman states they are trying to fool us. I respond that the mega companies think we are all stupid. I inform the Saleswoman that I only buy Canadian, USA or European (or at least I try to) I buy from other non communist countries where people are not exploited. I saved some money as I walk away from what was a tempting parcel. Christmas is that time of year that I try to get everyone I care for something. I want them to know that I am thinking of them. I want to make them smile. Christmas is so quickly approaching and I realize that I should begin to write my cards. December is the month, that aside from work, I focus on family and friends. I make a point to visit everyone in their home or ours. Christmas is also a time that is very difficult for many. It can consume some with saddness. Not all homes are happy ones. Some homes are very abusive and sometimes Christmas can triggr many unhappy memories. This Christmas why not make a point of changing negativity into something positive. Don't have any family at all or don't want to be with family? Start thinking if it is possible to forgive. Volunteer at a food bank or shelter to help someone else have a taste of being cared for even if it is only at Christmas. Take that time to do something nice for someone else and focus on how that makes you feel? Visit a lonely senior. Take an animal for a walk from a shelter. Move away from all the electronics and go out and feel the joy of Christmas and being with people. It may be contagious. If it is too much to take, see someone professionally before it consumes you. Find a support group. Suffering alone is not helpful. You need to make the changes yourself. Reach out for that help. Christmas is coming and I have a hope for all who need it that this is the year that one reaches out for a helping hand and finds joy. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment