Tuesday 30 October 2018

Selling my books at York University, Showcase at Central Square , 13 Nov 18

It is my final signing and selling of my books for the year. I shall be at York University, Central Square, November 13, from 0830 to 3:00pm. I love going to this event each year. I shall be selling "Hey Guy Buy Me" "For Love of Country MIlitary Policewoman" and "The Internet Murders." Note that I also sell my own books on my personal web site (secure) at www.silvaredigonda.com You should also find all three of my books for sale at Squibb's one of the few local bookstores left in my beautiful city. You may find my ebooks at Indigo. Buying directly from me makes me happier. Ebooks are much cheaper on my own site since I get all the profits. Because my private practice comes first, I don't always give my hobby, the attention it needs but I love to think up stories and write them. I have done that my entire life. I have contemplated writing different books at the requests from different people. I thought about it carefully, but I am not quite ready to write about two old ladies solving crimes with humour as a friend of mine requested. Perhaps when I am older and can get into that mind set. It shall come. I loved Agatha Christie and have read all of her books. Miss Marple always amused and fascinated me, but Hercule Poirot - well he was my favourite. I have decided and began to write a scary book. Perhaps it is because it is Hallowe'en. Right now, I am clearing up paperwork and placing it on line for you to read while having a copy of it while destroying all the paper traces. My mother was my most loyal fan always encouraging me to write and edging me on to continue to write. It was she who one Christmas bought me several children like books and my disappointment was evident. I wanted fun stuff and books I did not think was fun. However, when I read my first book, it became a passion that we both shared. She would buy the books and I would read them. She read each day and that is how she educated herself. She was and still remains one of the most intelligent people I knew and without any formal education. However, she did read all my books from school until I went to university years later. I am going through my creative writing and picking out pieces I think I may use for this next book. I really don't waste anything. As I read some of my work, I throw it out because it no longer seems relevent to me at this point of my life or any good. However, some scary ones shall be collected and either used for print or to inspire me. I want to take my time with this one. I want to scare you or make you think, or both. I have a sibling who told me to make sure I do not scare myself. I do not know who I shall dedicate this book to but it will come to me. So, in the meantime, I shall lay down on the beach, my eyes closed, enhaling the morning salty air, to the sounds of sea gulls. Actually, I am at home on my lap top, waiting for the postman to come so I can give him his Hallowe'en treats in case I miss him tomorrow. Come visit me at York University. While there check out my books. I shall even sign them. Keep in mind that I am open to come visit book stores, clubs, schools, libraries etc....I really have a passion for this and plan to do it full time when I retire from my practice. P.S. I am going to have to put Holy Terror in my book somewhere because she is so cute. Awwww, postman came and got his chips and cheesies.

No comments:

Post a Comment