Saturday 20 October 2018

A Christian Theology of Judaism (Theology notes cont....)

I noticed it has been a long time (August) since I typed out my theology notes to you. So here I am continuing. I certainly cannot get bored. Trying to get this all out to you is a tad challenging at times. Theology is on my mind lately since my college is having a get together soon for us alumni. Fundraising is probably the objective but universitities have a way of wanting you to give back. I love the University of Toronto and I love York University. Both have helped me grow as part of the person I am now. If I were to give any of you some advice, it would be to try to get a formal education. I know that times are difficult for many and education is not always possible, but try even if it is one course at a time. Knowledge is so rewarding and gives you a place in the world to better understand it. As you know, but maybe not, in case some of you are just starting to read my notes, I write out all notes by hand rather than type it. Studies have also demonstrated a better retention when you do so rather than typing. However, to rid myself of all extra stuff I don't really want, I type it all so I still have my notes, but I can clear all physical trace of it from drawers and shelves. I also write for fun and I have finally decided what I shall write in my next book. It will be a book about horror with a theological twist. I have written three books to date and each of a different genre. I love book fairs and talking to people. When someone returns to tell me they have enjoyed a book I have written, I get all warm and fuzzy. Not so much when one returns to tell me how horrible they thought any of my books are. The most controversl one is "Hey Guy Buy Me". That one also drew a negative response by one of my profs. Oh well, you cannot please everyone, all the time, nor do I try. I write for pleasure mostly and it gives me satisfaction. I have been doing so since I was a child and my mom was my most devoted mentor and fan. I do hope you enjoy reading my blogs. Thank you for doing so. www.silvaredigonda.com A Christian Theology of Judaism Revelation from God. Authors of New Testament - according to Hebrew Testament - does not replace the Old Testament revelation. Therefore 1. Reading Hebrew scriptures. 2.* Romans, Chapter 11, vs 25-32, vs-26 - all Israel will be saved. This means that not only those Jews but all Jews will enjoy the fulness of God’s mercy, regardless of their belief. Israel will be part of the restitution and will deal with Israel and others as per his mercy. 3. New Testament teaches all Israel will be saved. 4. Live between times - between the already and not yet - Protestants - between promises of fulfillment. 5. If state of Israel is theologically acknowledged then revelation is continued through covert of Jews. Protestants may have problem with; Roman Catholics not. The theological significance of the State of Israel through Jewish entered. No dis. between nation/religion. In this view then Torah is law to run the gov’t and how to cook. Kingdom of God is closely connected to the trump of Israel is the land of Israel. Salvation will come through the Jews. They don’t want any piece of land. They want Israel because it was promised. For Jews Israel is the holy land. Next regarding theology is theological differences between two religions. Jewish/Christian dialogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment