Tuesday 18 September 2018

Update - Books and readings - Word on the Street - Come visit me this Saturday

Selling my books at Fairbanks Park was great for the first hour. As the day progressed, so did the heat and so did the sales. I did sell all three of my books. My first book was bought from a very secure male. The second, a retired military man (who likes my writings) and the third from a neighbour who wanted it for a birthday gift for her husband. So sweet. I get approached by people wanting me to recite my book to them and then I get comments like, "nobody reads anymore," "your books are expensive," does the publisher know you are selling these books etc......God bless them all. This Saturday I will be at "Word on the Street" where I won't get the comment that people do not read anymore. Come and find me at booth 401b, "Hey Guy Buy Me". It is my favourite venue because there are so many authors and book lovers there. I look forward to it every year and unlike this past Saturday where I had to leave early because of the intense heat and beating sun, they supply a tent which offers me protection from the elements. I am presently reading a magazine distributed from the Registered Marriage and Family Therapy about opiods and suicide. It mentions that 1/3 of family therapists still have clients sign that they will not commit sucide while under their care. I was taught the same which I stopped asking clients to sign, because one asked me after many sessions and getting better, "Did you really think that signing that had me not kill myself?" I learn from my clients as well and if I sense that something is not working, I modify, change or stop using something ineffective. I have to be careful as well because sometimes I stop using one thing and then I notice that the client can really be helped and what may seem mundane to me is quite effective to others. I am therefore constantly learning but I no longer ask clients to sign that they will not kill themselves, because I do not want to insult them either. The article also suggests that they agree with me for other reasons. I am also reading a James Peterson novel for just plain relaxation. I also read a bit of Social Psychology Methods and Research not for fun but for refreashure. It is a bit dull and boring and I won it at one of the conferences. However, I have studied what is in its 600 plus pages so I read a bit when I am on a bus or at a particular place where I need to spend some time. I have read about 400 pages using this method. When I complete this book, I shall be happy. So, it will be a busy few months with lectures and fun and of course work. I do want to complete my psych notes and one booklet is almost complete. Refresher is always positive for me because it ingrains all into my brain cells so I may recall it in sessions. Have a wonderful week. I do hope you enjoy reading my blogs. Come and visit me at Word on The Street at the Harbour front. I will be close to the street this year and it looks like the East side. I am ok with the change. www.redigondapsychotherapy www.silvaredigonda.com I do have to give my books more attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment