Monday 24 September 2018

Busy Weekend and of course it is not over

Last week I was selling my books at a community centre and though I did sell my books to people, I was also met with "no one reads anymore." Yesterday at Word on The Street, I was well assured that people do read and I loved it. I had two other authors nearby who were quite interesting. I bought one's book who had spent two years in prison. I want to read her story. The other author was motivated at marketing herself as am I and we shared our experiences there. In matter of fact I have to send her a resource I found. I will be joining two clubs or associations for writers and I am quite excited about that. I take my private practice very seriously but writing is my passion for fun. The other author joined a group of immigrant writers and she was quite pleased about that. I have already joined the Italian Association of Writers during the summer and did give one talk in Woodbridge to a group. HOwever, I need more and so by joining a group of writers who love mysteries I may have just found my gem. I was already invited to go to Quebec at the end of the month but that is just not possible right now, but I love to have options and I was informed that I should be quite busy by a member. I am already quite busy but it is a good busy and I am constantly monitoring myself to be my best for my clients. I sold quite a few books at Word on the Street as did my fellow authors on each side of me. We were all pleased. The "marketing self" author told me that she sold more books there than in New York City. I guess I won't be going there any time soon. I love New York however, but timing is not right now. I will probably go just for fun and not selling books. I attended two lectures the day before at York University "York Circle". Of course I always have fun going to York and meeting up with old colleagues. The first lecture about global warming or climate change as it is now referred to and how the mass information on the internet distorts the facts, denying facts from excerpts and how politics now is part of the polar views which is somewhat new. We do have problems but it is nothing new. As I normally explain is look at the credentials of the person. What is his or hers field? It is so easy nowadays to pretend and convince. The second topic was about romance in couples. Did I learn anything? Not really but it is my field. However, I am aware of the research they are conducting and I agree with the the correlations. I need to keep up with research by legitmate scientists. This morning I spent research and preparing and now I will be doing some serious work. This month will be busy and conferences are starting but I am having fun too on a weekly basis. I will try to write some more of my old psych notes this week for you and PTSD is next. Thank you again for reading my blogs. What do you do in your free time? Do you have fun doing it? Do you have any hobbies? What motivates you? What can you do to make it happen? Have you read any good books lately? Take care of yourself. Know your limits. www.silvaredigonda.com www.redigondapsychotherapy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment