Friday 28 September 2018

Sorry about the notes I wanted to provide for you but just finished a dine and discovery Insurance info

Ok, I am still on a roll and very busy. I want to tell you about what I learned about Insurance Companies today. If you have a tornado and you call in and they tell you, sorry so sad, but no can do, check your policy. If it has winds listed, it is covered. Now, this is for Canada and I am not sure of how it works in the States, but I bet you can argue that winds are winds and that therefore it should be covered, regardless of the strength of the wind. I would have assumed, that if you call, the person at the other end would know the answer. Silly me. When you assume, you make an ass of you and me (ass u me). Just in case it is an old expression that has not been passed on. The incident the man was telling us about happened in Angus Ontario. I remember that event quite clearly because it is just outside CFB Borden. Apparently people who answer the phone to answer your questions may not know the answers for some reason. It was quite an interesting talk. What I know from personal experience is that insurance companies can make certain requests such as replace your tiles on your roof and if you don't than they can say they will not insure you, while another will wait for 20 years plus. I learned today that they are not regulated and I do think they should be. I believe that anyone with a business should be accountable for what they provide and ramifications be instilled when there is a lapse. Heads should roll when it costs you money. Not literally of course. My bad. So, I had a great lunch of fish, potatoes salad and bread/butter. I also had very fresh Portugese cup cakes of sorts. So, for two weeks I will be very busy, but I will not forget to provide you with more of my notes. ASAP. In the meantime, Happy Thanksgiving. I am having a head start.

No comments:

Post a Comment