Wednesday 15 August 2018

The Internet Murders Chap 2, pgs 10-11

Chad was a local pub just off Jarvis, near the station. Many of the coppers went there after work along with some of the paramedics, firemen and one firewoman. She was too tough for some of the guys. The rest were mostly groupies who just wanted to go home with someone who could take care of them. But Paul struck out every time. They figured him for a bus driver more than a cop. *** Sandra was thinking loudly in her head. Friday night and business is slow. Whatever made me think I should get into my own business? Private investigator! All I get are frustrated women wanting to know who their husbands are screwing. The problem is, that’s where I make my money. Men are pigs and can’t say no. Get the right moment, the right time and that’s it. Unless, of course it happens to be fresh – and there’s always that one special guy. In those cases the women don’t come to me for help. Oh, well. I have enough to pay the rent for another month and savings for two more months. Sandra missed being a cop, but after two years on homicide, she had seen enough for a lifetime. Now, where was she? “I need a coffee,” she mumbled. She didn’t hear anything. She had barely managed to rise from her chair when she felt powerful arms come[…]” Excerpt From: Silva Redigonda. “The Internet Murders.” iBooks. Order your hard cover now at www.silvaredigonda.com

No comments:

Post a Comment