Friday 16 June 2017

Book number 4 idea

I was speaking to a friend of mine this morning who is struggling with cancer. She was given two years to live and has surpassed that but she does get bouts of heavy duty sickness. One thing I have noticed about her is that she wants to hear about my life and what my latest adventure is. I know she wants to know something that can distract her from her endless chemo. After bringing her up to date with my latest course and interaction and lunch with our previous colleagues, I said I didn't know what I should write my book on next. I have ideas of course but I did not know which genre I should write about. "Make it funny," she responded cheerfully. She had perked up. "Write about two old ladies who get into mischief while trying to solve crimes." Initially I hesitated. I wrote a funny first book and that got me into trouble with some non fans. "Hey Guy Buy Me" taught me how quickly people respond when they feel insulted by a woman. However, many men enjoyed the book as well. Ladies, I recommend that if you want to know what a man is like and his views about women, buy him a copy of that. However, I would encourage to make the guy buy the book and then figure out if he is worth having in a pending relationship. I informed my friend that I was thinking of writing about a serial killer who targets the elderly at a senior centre, however, I wasn't planning on using two elderly women to investigate. I had thought of using the characters from my "The Internet Murders". However I have no rush and can always continue with them another time. "Why not? I replied, quickly loving the idea. The baby boomers should love it (or not). "I can write it and dedicate it to you." She giggled and I could hear her excitement. I was pleased because for a moment she forgot that she was given a death sentence. I said I would like to hear more of her ideas. She was happy and so was I since she was suffering so and this would give her something to think about. I also thought of a Montreal publisher who said that she may be interested if the character is mainly in Montreal. How can I arrange that I thought? Would the publisher consider 50%? I said goodbye to my friend as she remained in her fugue of happiness since I had to walk to the office to do some work. Yes, a book of humour with a twist of mystery and a twist of death with the ups and downs of life and how to remain smiling. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment