Monday 13 March 2017

Toronto Homeshow and Blooms - If you have a CAA card ask for your deduction.

I do love my city and I like to write about certain places for tourists. Today I was a tad disappointed at the Home Show. It was not with any of the vendors. Everyone was wonderful. I got amazing ideas and as I continue to debate, "should I stay or should I go....." It is days like today that makes me want to go. However, Niagara Falls too has a tourist tax which is somewhat hidden and they don't have to tell either, nor does that seem controlled. Market place provided an update of that "scam>". I really recommend them. Thank God for the press. I know that one out of four people steal. At least that is what I learned in a lecture during my first career. And I suppose you can equate stealing with dishonesty. Anyhow, for self care I make sure I have fun in my life. It is mandatory. So, I went to the home show today at the spur of the moment because I knew a snow storm is coming tonight and it seemed to be a good day to go and worry about snow tomorrow. Parking underground is $15.00 and I am ok with that. I think it is fair in Toronto and it is a flat rate. When I went to the sales counter, the two women knew I was looking for a discount. I paid my $20.00 and went in. As I went to the booths, I saw the CAA booth and told them I was a member and would always be. I have been more than pleased with CAA. I last used them Saturday when my car wouldn't start. Buy an older car and you get an older battery so I was quite glad that I got a fair price from them and it was done asap. I love great service. The man asked me if I knew about the discount to get in and I said I knew about it on on line but did not realize it was available as a walk in. He told me I could have paid $12.00 instead of my 20.00. I am sure he said 12. I couldn't believe that I had not been advised of that. Anyhow, four hours after arrival I had seen it all and decided to leave. As I was leaving I asked the security guard why I wouldn't have been advised of the CAA discount. She suggested I go to the office and so I did. I spoke to the man there and he told me that he would inform the cashiers. I believed him (silly me). As I left, I approached the woman who had sold me the ticket and asked her why she didn't inform me of the discount. The answer - they are told not to. Now why would I believe her? I did. Hold and behold, I talk to the man again and he tells me that "CAA rewards" means you can get a discount and that it is displayed on the counter (good to know. I thought it was just advertisement which I am bombarded with daily). I informed said male that when I go to Harvies and other establishments they will ask me if I have a scene card. His response of course is that when he goes to Swiss Chalet, they do not advise of a discount. I have not been to Swiss Chalet but am grateful for Harvies (A Canadian Company). So, I leave telling man that I would write about that in my blog. He asks that I make sure to indicate that there was a CAA reward card on the counter. I reply in the affirmative. HOwever, I do expect honesty and transparency. So, if you are a tourist or just a visitor going to the homeshow make sure you ask specifically for a CAA membership discount or maybe, just maybe you won't know what you are entitled to. As I walk towards the parking garage, a man entering, opens the door for me. I advise him to ask for a CAA discount or he won't get one. He was surprised that he could get the discount. See it can be a bonus to open doors for women. Do you speak up when you feel that something is not right? Do you freeze, fight or take flight? When do you speak up? How far do you go? Are you curious, mad or do you have any other emotion? Are you aware of your emotions? Why not take a moment to reflect how you are feeling right at this moment? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment