Tuesday 7 March 2017

Is the world moving backwards?

Listening to the news last night and this morning, I have to wonder if we are moving backwards. I know there are a lot of intelligent people out there so what is happening? Are they not interested in politics? I wasn’t going to write in my blog today because I am focusing on my third book (which I love and hopefully a few of you will). I have stopped reading for fun, and am just reading for work. I guess what really prompted me to come here today is listening to the news that the Philippines is considering or reviewing the come back of the death penalty for drugs. If that is not bad enough for me, they are thinking of killing them by either hanging, a death shooting squad or injection. Really? Can you think of any more brutal ways of killing a person? Lethal injection is not the priority? Oh my God. Now the States - I love Americans; there is no doubt there, however, I am so glad I am a Canadian right now. Last nights news indicated that a white house secretary of something or other was saying how wonderful the opportunities are in the States and used the analogy of slavery?????????????? Really????????? That the person saying this is black, made it worse. Does he not know that Slaves were free people in Africa who had a life, who had a structure, who had families and were even royalty within, were chained, whipped, raped and even killed? They were kidnapped and brought to the land of opportunity where they worked hard, had no rights and continued to be raped, tortured and killed? Am I dreaming when I watch the news? The world needs to take a wake up call. The year is 2017. We have the ability of mass communication, technology and self destruction. We have North Korea shooting off missiles with no respect for anyone. That he was educated in Switzerland pains me. We have an abundance of crime and we need to start thinking of how we can work together, united for a peaceful and creative world. Those days of mass torture, hate, starvation and ignorance should be subsided and eliminated. Why not take a moment today to look within your own heart? Are you not at peace with someone? Why? Is there anyway you can make amends or peace with this someone? Why not? How about taking sometime each day to just reflect on what is important to you and why? Take a walk with nature and look up at the sky. What do you see? What do you hear? What do you feel? What do you think? Now back to my editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment