Thursday 2 February 2017

Sad week in Canada with Muslim killing - and update about book

It has been very sad regarding the killing of six men in Quebec, who while praying and standing were shot in the back. Why? - For the sole reason of being of Muslim faith. I never thought that would happen in my country. One act is one too many. Now children will grow without a father and women will have to struggle without their husbands. It is ironic that only the night before the killings, I was standing behind a Muslim woman at Tim Horton's. She was happy and carefree and I was pleased that in this country she can be so without fear. I was heartbroken the next day. Of course, whenever these senseless acts happen, it only brings the country and world together. I think we live in a very troubled world. We should be moving forward and not backwards. There should be always a zero tolerance for any type of racism. Everyone is a human being and should be afforded the same opportunities and respect. I am so sorry that the children have to grow up in this country knowing that their fathers were killed for no reason except prejudice. What is prejudice but mere ignorance. We need to work to move forward. My prayers are with the families concerned. Regarding my third book, I had to miss today, and the day of the killings, however, I have been working one hour a day on it quite faithfully. I have 80 pages done. I have made adjustments and corrections and am throwing in a few cues here and there. I love my characters and I think they like me too. So, til next week, please think of someone who may be suffering and say something nice and supportive to them. Surround yourself with things you love and perhaps be a tad nicer to someone who needs it. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment