Thursday 9 April 2015

Update, book 2/book 3/ and College of Psychotherapy

It is raining out and damp. It is cold. I have one pet laying by me, with her tongue sticking out. I see her fangs. Her face looks like that of a bat. She is happy. I have made her a character in my third book. Her name is Holy Terror. This is not her real name. I have changed her name to protect the innocent. She will be the only real character in the book. All others are purely my imagination. I am on page 60 and have decided to slow down a bit. I want to write about 200 pages this time with a cap at 250. I was reading an article about an author yesterday and she talked about how she writes and said that she is never asked to teach because she has no rules. I realized that I write the same way. I did take one creative writing course in undergrad and loved it. However, my major was psychology as you well know. With this book that I am writing now I just realized after page 50, who my killer will be. I also decided how I would either kill the killer or capture him or her. I have also decided why my killer kills. I realize by writing this book, that I make notes on a pad for the different characters, their characteristics, a few clues here and there and a few questions for later in the book. I develop my characters as much or as little as I like. I am giving birth to a community that does not exist. I am providing characters with a face and physic and personalities that I enjoy creating. What I would like to have, I realized yesterday is a big black board so I could chart everyone with clues and connections etc......This would be easier than using different pages for different characters etc....I am enjoying this game of murder. So enough about my third book in the making. My second book has not arrived yet and a relative emailed me yesterday saying that I should be very excited. I replied that I would be more excited when my web is up so I can sell my books and when I receive my letter from the college of Psychotherapy all within the two or three weeks. Needless to say I am rushing to the door each time I hear the mail come from my faithful postman. My second book is a surprise. It took me a long time to write and it was spaced out a lot. I had to think hard and I am hoping to have a positive reaction from it. I have learned from writing my first book, that people respond quite differently. It is the same book, but each who read it had a different opinion. Some gave my book to men who they thought needed it to help them with women. I never wrote the book to be taken seriously or as a therapeutic book. I wrote it for fun. Some men I am told hated it and me with it. They thought I was telling men what to do. Other men approached me to tell me they read my book and found it amusing and entertaining. A few told me that the book had really helped them. I wrote one little book, "Hey Guy Buy Me" and I had so many different responses. That is life! There are all kinds of people out there and they come from different places and what they read or see or interchange is a reflection of who they are. I am included. What I write comes from a place within me. If I had a different life, I would have written different books. Keeping that in mind each book I have written and am writing is different from each other. I have not written any books on therapy. I do not know if I will. Never say never. I may change my mind. I am looking at Holy Terror right now and she is covering her eyes with her hairy arm. She is so cute and I feel like just kissing her, but I know that will annoy her. Animals are cute, are they not? It is not too difficult to write about someone who is always in your face. I am looking forward for my books to arrive and as a result have not committed myself to much this month. Next month I will be attending two seminars so far. One will be a day seminar about complicated grief which I have mentioned earlier and another will be about gender transitioning. Both will benefit my practise. I received another email today about stopping or fighting the College of Psychotherapy. I even replied once that I am pro the college. The public requires protection. It is as simple as that. I understand the fears that people who have been practising without qualifications have. I have heard of people with only an undergraduate degree in psychology practising as a psychologist. I have heard of people with no training whatsoever practising simply what they have learned from their own therapy. There are people practising out there with zero qualifications. They should be scared and they will not be able to make the big bucks they make anymore once the College is in effect. Am I concerned that I will not get a letter of acceptance? No. I am anxiously waiting for it, because I think it is long overdue. So, for now, I encourage you to have a nice day. Life is very short and you realize that when you work with people who are dying or very sick. If you had two years left to live, what would you do that is different than what you are doing now? If your partner was sick and dying what would you do for him or her that is different than how you are now with your partner. Why not take a bit of time to think about where you are in life, what your goals are, your interests. Ask yourself what makes you happy or sad and then take a little step towards moving ahead. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment