Thursday 23 April 2015

Second book and third

I received my shipment of books and have sold one to a neighbour who was watching me reading my book outside. It's a good feeling when you read your final product, when you have it in your hands and you are turning each page. The book is about 400 pages and it is an easy read. My neighbour is an author who is a very serious reader. He is as serious reading as he is a writer. So, I am very curious to see what he will think of my book. I am no way of the same calibre. He plans, he plots, he re-examines each sentence and slowly disects it and re-disects it. Me, well it is like taking him to a banquet and me to a burger joint with some nice beat coming from a juke box. I write and just write and I close my eyes when I am not writing or I am looking at nature and then something pops up into my little brain and I insert it into my book or I think that will be a good theme for another book (this happened a mere hour ago which would make for a good horror story). Writing this second book took me much longer than the two months it took to write my first. I wrote that simply for fun. My second book is about me and my rite of passage. I write about the past and bring it to the present or further into the past. When I was selling "Hey Guy Buy Me" last year at York University at their Show Case, a student asked me if it was any good. What do you say when someone asks you if your apple pie, that you baked all day is any good when you are selling it? However, I did not tell her it was good. I simply said I wrote it. My neighbour made a comment since he has written more books. He said "you get better as you write more don't you?" I agreed. My second is definitely better than my first. I have been more careful this time regarding errors. There were too many in my first and I ordered too many books. I have learned from that as well. I have seen two errors in this one that everyone has managed to miss, a double "i" and a period is missing. I have read about 300 pages. My author neighbour and friend says there is always an error. Perhaps. This will probably be my best book because it is a historical account from my perspective and my piece of history in life. But, you never know; maybe I will get better as I grow. You are waiting for the title are you not? Patience! I am waiting for my ebook and CD and picture of the book and then I will set up a new web site just for my books. I know that it doesn't matter what I write, people will love it or hate it. That is life. That is why it is so important that what I write pleases me, but I do hope to entertain you. If there are any out there who want to write or sing or paint or just do something, do it. Don't ever listen to "you cannot." Perhaps it is they who believe they cannot and project it on you. There are many starving artists out there but they are doing what they love. Though I do not recommend starving, I think that our lives are so short and therefore one must find what one wants to do in life and do it because ultimately you will never please everyone. Again I want to thank you for reading my blogs. As I have mentioned before I began all this because at one conference, I was informed that if we were therapists and not on the internet, we wouldn't be therapists in ten years. Immediately I began my process. What I did not expect was enjoying it, but why not? I like to write. So, I am here advertising my books and trying to stir some interest. Is it working? Stay tuned. What do you think? P.S. I am about 100 pages into my third book and am having such fun writing it. This will be different from my other two. You get a teaser at the end of Book two.

No comments:

Post a Comment