Saturday 12 October 2013

Taking time for my book

I find it best to write as soon as I get up after my morning ritual with coffee by my side. I am reviewing and editing what I have written so far and I believe it is quite a lot. I am trying to get myself psyched back to the period of time I am writing about. This book is not the same as my first. My first I wrote in two months during my breaks surrounded by crowds of students. I had fun with it. I also learned how hard it is to sell a book. I have learned from that. If any of you want to buy a copy, send me a cheque to my business office and I will mail you a copy (no taxes, or delivery charges). Next month I shall be at York University again selling it there at their show case. This book requires reflection, a quiet space and nature. I cannot write from my office. I look out at the trees from my home and pause to see a chirping bird or funny squirrel who I feed incognito. I don't want the neighbours to see because they do not share my love. My squirrel likes to lay down on my deck while I sit and read. The other day, my squirrel was cleaning himself and it looked more like an aerobic exercise. I had to stop my writing to laugh. It is so unfortunate that people can be so cruel to animals because they bring such joy and love. Being cruel to animals should be taken very seriously, even if one does not care about animals because it escalates to people. I can always spot an unhappy pet which reveals so much about the owner. Anyhow, I am moving away from my topic of writing. My space for this book requires peaceful reflection and nature. Friday, I began reading and editing early morning and before I kne w it was 1pm. Where did the time go? I understand how writers can write so many books if they have the time to do it. I am very structural and so I have to redesign my life to fit my writing early morning before I am distracted by life. I like to work at my writing when my mind is clear and that is not very often because I am busy with so many things. I thought I would share this with you. If any of you like to write, just do it. Start now! Just write what you want to talk about and not worry how it looks in print. You may return to it later. I have a few more hours to work on my book and then I have to focus on Thanksgiving. I have to decide what I need for it. Again, Happy Thanksgiving. Thank you for reading my blog. Don't hesitate to contact me if you need counselling. That is why I am here - Silva style.

No comments:

Post a Comment