Friday 27 September 2013

The weekend is fast approaching

For many people but not all, the weekend is a time for family and friends. Many continue to work on these days and have other days off. Others have more than one job, just to make ends meet. There seems to be more of a division between the rich and poor, with the middle class not as stable as it once was. What is hopeful, is the youth of today. It is rare that I do not see some youth or other supporting some cause or other. Feeding the children seems to be more of a concern now among our youth, than it ever was in my generation. With technology today, we are all aware of international news. People from various countries may deny, deny, deny.....but eyes are slowly opening. With international chaos, and chaos in personal lives, one needs to re-nourish, stop - smell the roses and begin again the independent roles that exist. Self care is important for every one. The more stress that one has in life, the more one requires to take better care. Too much stress over two years will effect your health. Getting enough sleep for your body, food for your body and rest for your mind are all the requirements for a balanced life. This weekend, try to do something for yourself. Daily, try to spend at least a half hour of self care. It may be as simple as a walk, enhaling nature. Try to find it. On my front line, I have two bunnies on a swing. I sometimes notice, mostly children pushing the swing, while a parent tries to stop this. One early morning, I was looking out, when a jogger, stopped running, pushed the little swing and continued with his run. I smiled, satisfied, that a little swing could bring pause and a smile for so many. I am city all the way. The longer I live, the more I realize that my heart is in the city. The bigger, the better and the city that captured my heart is New York, Manhatten. I love the culture, the multi-nationalism and the variety that a city offers. In each city there is a monumental park. It is in those parks, where I stay intuned to my inner self. How do you define yourself? Where do you prefer to live? How do you find inner peace? Where do you rest your soul? Where do you re-nurture yourself? Why not think about your life this weekend and ask yourself if you feel rested and at peace? If you can stop during a run and smell a rose or push a swing and smile, you may be where you want to be. If you are not happy with your life, if you are being abused in your life or if you have no satisfication in your life, why not spend sometime this weekend asking yourself why? What can you do about it? How can you find rest and nourishment? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment