Search This Blog

Monday, 20 July 2026

Legion celebrates 100 years and of Course I am always ready for a celebration

 



What you see here is a photo of the missing Veteran.   I appreciated my gift bag which included poppy earings.  I don't have holes in my ears so I will have to find someone who can convert them to clip on.   I shall enjoy wearing them.  Who you see here in pink is Francis Nunciata, and of course I was excited to see her because she used to be Mayor in the City of York and is a councellor for the City of Toronto.  I believe she has been in elected office since 1988.  I used to read the Sun faithfully for years and she was in it often because of her work.   What struck me the most about this icon is how she stood up to city politicians and one pushing her on the stairs.  This is what women had to endure and she didn't tolerate it.   I remember a city counsellor telling me something about her which I didn't believe and so I called her and it wasn't.  How low can people get.   He is no longer in politics.  So, when I saw her, I couldn't help getting excited because I don't get to meet too many icons I respect.  Of course I went up to her to meet her.  I told her about the stairs incident that exploded the papers at the time.  She left before she could eat dessert because there was a fire at a building and she wanted to be there in case residents needed anything - an exellent role moded.  It was a fun night. 

No comments: