A large group of us went to Niagara yesterday and as soon as we departed Toronto and began to see trees and valleys, I could feel myself beginning to relax; no construction, no loud noises just peace and R&R. People keep asking me why I want to go to Niagara. The last comment I got was that there is no noise there (awwwww) and that tourists litter everywhere (I have not seen that). Just before that another asked me, "Don't you like us?" I responded "yes". He added, "Then why do you want to leave us?" I am not leaving anyone. Niagara Falls is about an hour and a half way. It seems like I want to go to the other end of Canada or leave the country by the reaction I get. I just have to make sure I buy something there for the visitors I will be getting. However, I am still here, waiting for the market to change, to become a sellers market once again. Hopefully next year!
Our first stop was Neob Lavender, a first generation owner. They began with nothing, living in a trailor being helped by mom and dad to now owning three stores, 20 years later. When they bought this now purple everything it had no water nor electricity I believe. It doesn't have a washroom people and though they said they have high end toilot cubicles that construction workers have in my neighbourhood, and that they had been thoroughly cleaned, mine was all wet (which was the general consensus) and the pump for water was insufficient to rinse the soap from my hands. We went into the store and was created by lavender chocolate bites ( I bought a small bag). Alas, there was a small sink with water and I managed to wash my hands properly. There were all kind of smells with promises to heal but when it comes to healing, I listen to my physician. However, one man from the group who had been hit by a car a few years back and spent 8 months in the hospital was generously spreading promised healing cream on his legs. "You want some?" He asked me. "No thank you." He had large scars on both legs and I wondered who sewed him up.
My niece bought me a lavender gift basket for Christmas and I always smell so nice afterwards having used it for soap and bath. However, I couldn't find anything to match it. I found there was just too many smells that aside from chocolate I didn't really want anything. Others bought for themselves and others and were quite pleased. Me, I went to their front porch and socialized.
Next was Caroline Cellars. My first impression was not positive. I went for the wine tasting with three others who wanted non-alcoholic drinks. There were two bottles. The first was not to my tasting and the second was a sparking wine which I thought was nice but it had 7% sugar so I decided to ask my pharmacist before buying it. My pharmacist is worse than my physician in trying to keep me healthy. Adjacent to the store is the Farmhouse Cafe with an outside patio and inside restaurant. We weren't allowed to light the candles until 5 pm, the server, family member said. "Does that mean I have to stay here until 5pm? I asked. It was about 11:00. My group thought it was funny. We had a choice of three meals and I kept telling my group that it was alcheapo, because the vegetarian option was grilled cheese. I had planned on buying that at Tim Hortons later at the Casino. However, Alcheapo it was not. We had two large platters of cold cuts that my dad would have devoured had he still been alive. I ate the olives and small tomatoes, and small cream cheeses wrapped in red peppers. It is always nice when my comrades are there making sure there is something for me to eat. I believe two other people chose the grilled cheese and this was no regular grill cheese. This was the best I have ever eaten and it was definitely not a cheapo. I was hesitant prior to the meal, because it said there was onions and honey in there but it worked. I could only eat half and one of the men took my other half. You won't go hungry if you go to Caralines and I fully recommend it. We will be going back in the fall. When we were leaving there wasn't any vacancy. The place was packed with a line up. Looks like the news is out.
Next was shopping at the Outlet and it was hot and humid. I bought an orange pair of runners which I am wearing right now and it is super comfortable. I bought it at Marshalls and though we have a Marshalls nearby, I like that one more. Next I went to the Lindt store. Even though I have one at Yorkdale, I cannot walk by a chocolate store. So, two more small boxes of chocolate.
Then if was off to our last spot, the Casino. I played and lost 20.00 of my own money and then went off to find a spot to finish off a book I was reading. I hated the ending. Of course the author is a best seller. I hate it when I am disappointed reading a book. I remember someone telling me they were disappointed in reading my book, actually there were two. One was Hey Guy Buy Me and the other was Ominious. One day I will post the letter I got from the Ominous review, but not yet.
After losing my $20.00 and while polishing off my book, I noticed a shadow in my peripheral and once I finished the paragraph I looked up and saw an unmarked picnic bag (I just won one last week - for my books). There was no one nearby and I tried to get the attention of a worker. My first thought - a bomb. Then a man comes from a washroom, to retrieve the bag. "I thought it was a bomb." I tell him. He gives me a big smile and leaves with the bag. I can use that in one of my books, me thinks. He was Middle Eastern but too good looking to be a terrorist. Did you ever see a nice looking terrorist? I am stereotyping people. Terrorists can be nice looking somewhere in the world and not all are Middle Eastern I just finished all the chocolates and now me thinks I am going to be sick. What's wrong with me?
Anyhow, after all that it was about 5pm and I started thinking about eating supper. They have a sandwich shop now so I ordered half a sub but didn't want to buy their intelligent water. So, I went somewhere else for the water and returned. I think it was a kiosk place before. I took my sub outside to a bench overlooking the falls and thought about my mom. She too loved Niagara Falls and she would wait for my call to hear all about my trip or any other trips I was taking, especially when driving down to Disney World. She would want to hear about where I was, what it was like etc.......I missed her very much as I sat there with my sub taking a breather. I then opened my bag and ate my supper. It was a lovely day with wonderful people, but I always need to sneak away for some me alone time. After a bit, I returned to socialize until my return to Toronto. It appears I have new neighbours. Have a nice weekend and if you go to that lavender place, don't eat all the chocolates at once. What do you think?

No comments:
Post a Comment