Search This Blog

Thursday 12 September 2024

RCMP Cadet Mental Health by Dr Nick Carleton, Psychologist

I just attended this EHN hour lecture and found it very useful for all police and emergency personnel. I will be getting the video and posting it here. I do hope that all emergency response persons watch it. There are about 13 emergency response persons to each 1500 Canadians. Keep in mind that the 13 is across the board. One may be a fire fighter, another a paramedic and etc..and so it is not a collective 13 of each such as 13 police. The one police officer and another firefighter is included as a separate number so that if you have one police officer responding, you now have 12 others which includes all job responses. It is obvious to me in Toronto that we don't have enough police and that is what is needed for their personal wellness. Dr Carleton reported that more personnel is required. There is a demand do more and more, with less. Since I will be posting the video here as soon as I get it, I won't go much further. I will give you some resources however for the study and resources. University of Regina. Sleep 101 Tablet; Suicide fact sheet; health promotion and chronic diseases in Canadian Journal. RCMP Study; self monitoring, www.rcmpstudy.ca www.saskptsisstudy.ca Of course I am behind due to the leg thing. I have another video that was sent to me by York University because I had to cancel a seminar which is about PTSD. Once I have the opportunity to watch it I will also post it here. I know that people read my blog worldwide. This will also apply to all of you. I will have to miss the conference with the American Association of Famly Therapy this year because they are going live at Disney World. Can you believe it? My favourity place in the world and I can't go. I am still on crutches and I can't travel because Mr Attitude is still alive. I could have mixed work and play, but the timing is not right. Yesterday I went to city hall in my area for the proof that I paid my taxes for revenue Canada and I decided to sit in and watch the Justice of the Peace in action. Of course my crutches set off the alarm and my purse contents are now all over the place but it was interesting and it actually felt like home. I have been in a few courts in my day but I never saw anything as small as this. It was cute. Now I did try to send off the proof today on line to Revenue Canada but of course I can't remember who my favourite history character is and I think I spelled my favourite author's name wrong so now I probably have to find a different route so it appears I may have to ask for an extension which I wasn't able to do because there was a 30 minute to 60 minute wait. Really? Really? Come on people, hire more!!!!!I will have to try to get this sorted tomorrow. So have a good day; have a good weekend. And please, please, if you are an emergency response person keep a look out for the video. Good talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment