Search This Blog

Friday 6 September 2024

OAMFT DISSOLUTION

I just attended the meeting to vote and it was passed. The Ontario Association of Marriage and Family Therapy is an organization I joined as a student and will be sorry to have it gone. Due to decreasing membership through out the years and lack of volunteers for Executive positions it had no choice. A scholarship will be set up with the American Association of Couple and Family Therapy for students from Ontario. There will be one final Annual General Meeting Oct 5, 24 at Tyndal College where all members and previous members and executives may attend. Of course I will be there with or without crutches. We will all be getting our invitations tomorrow. I will be able to catch up with previous students, colleagues etc....and saying goodbye to OAMFT is going to be difficult. We are also going to have a speaker and the topic is Organizational and Personal Goodbyes. I do volunteer for one organization for many years and due to my injury am paused as Eucharistic Minister due to the stairs at the altar. The calf is healing, however now the muscle by the knee is painful and after that heals, I should be good. I may just give up the gym. When Mr Attitude dies, I shall be focusing on condo's. I just bought a St Margaret lottery to see if I can win the condo by the waterfront. Yeah right! Oh guess what? Revenue Canada has once again reached out to me to prove that I paid my property taxes. I wish Revenue Canada was a lottery. They keep telling me I am randomly selected each year. It took 30 minutes to get 611 to disconnect me after such a wait. After another 30 minutes I finally got a woman with a sense of humour. I was the only person who paid my taxes who was calling. I complained due to the wait time and I did get a call about that. I suggested that perhaps the city should not send out notices to the entire city at the same time so the wait is not as long. They thought that was a good idea. Should I send them a bill? I am not going to be able to hop along my city hall to have the stamp and receipt Reveue Canada wants right now. However, Revenue Canada informed me I could ask for an extension. I am hoping to have more energy next week. For now, I am trying to get physio twice a week to expedite my healing. Should I try swimming? Yup, I tried to suspend my gym membership while I heal but they want a doctor's note. Can you believe that? Just to suspend? I won't be doing that unless my doctor calls me in because he is obviously overworked and I am not going to ask for something a high school student may need. So, have a good weekend you all!!!!! If you want to read one of my books, make it an ebook please at https://www.silvaredigonda.ca Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment