Tuesday 21 November 2023

Ominous - Will be published in the new year. Want to be on my list?

I have been focused on reading my publishers notes and editing my book. What I am doing this time which I haven't before is reading the text out loud. This way I can detect errors better. Try it. I have to admit I love this book. It is full of mystery, and spookiness. It is also in memory of Holy Terror who died when I was writing the book. Of course writing is close to my heart, but it normally takes a back road with my practice, seminars etc....I want to change this. I want to pay more attention to the books I have written and sell them. I do well at Word on The Street and need to find other venues. Actually, whenever I find a place to sell my books I do well. So, I need to be more vigilant. Because I have been giving this editing my primary attention, I have of course fell behind in everything else. I suppose one day, I may retire and focus on my passion. However, I also love my work. Go figure. Sunday I went to Niagara Falls with a group and just loved it. As soon as Mr Attitude dies, I want to place a for sale sign up and go, go, go. We went to Betty's Restaurant for lunch and they have won an award there for their fish and chips. You get a salad, the main meal and dessert. I recommend that you go there. It is in Chippawa, right across from the City of Niagara Falls. It is also the birthplace I believe of James Cameron of the Titanic. Actually they had the house next door from him for sale not too long ago. I had always planned to retire in Niagara Falls, but now that Toronto is getting so rowdy, Niagara is calling me more loudly. If you haven't been there, you must go. The falls are beautiful. It actually reminds me of how Toronto used to be. Of course living somewhere and visiting is always different but I think I'm good. I am always checking out their properties and prices seem to constantly vary so it gives me a good perspective. However, Mr Attitude is my priority and while he is alive, I shall remain steady. Some people just give up their pets, or force a move on them, but I can't do that to my little guy. He is going to be 21 years old. If you see me move, than you know, he has bit the dust. However, only the good die young and this little guy is solid with attitude. So, to dream and boy do I dream. I was scheduled to go to a Christmas party, but that has been cancelled due to the organizer having to be in the Middle East. So much suffering. Come on Hamas, let the hostages go and surrender. Stop hiding where the vulnerable are. Russia, call it a day. Let's all focus on working to delay global warming. There is no need to keep on killing because ultimately if we do not wake up and smell the coffee, we will all be in the same boat, with no point of return. On that note, while I am editing Ominous and I should be finished the first round this week if all goes well, my thoughts turn to my next book which I had started a first chapter. I keep thinking of characters, who is going to live and who is going to die. See you don't have to do it in real life. Anyhow, it has been a long day. I just wanted to let you know how Ominous was doing and how much I love this book. I think you should like it if you like scary books. Keep in mind that I do attend book clubs and sell my books at places where I can. If you would like me to attend, just send me an email. A reminder that I am also selling my books on Amazon now. I still have my web site www.silvaredigonda.ca on shopify but I am considering dropping it since one book buyer had problems downloading the ebook. I don't want anyone having problems getting my books. Shopify gets one more chance. I believe in second chances. If you have problems with ordering any of my books or ebooks, please let me know. I am also willing to mail them anywhere in the world. Take care of yourself. Keep warm. Try to balance your lives, and most important be kind to yourself and others. People need that during these difficult times.

No comments:

Post a Comment