Thursday 9 November 2023

Being hacked? Really......Not nice.

Not too long ago I saw some hateful post against Israel. I reported it. The post asked who was the terrorist, Hamas or Israel? This happened just after Hamas attacked Israel in such a brutal and cruel way. I indicated that it was Hamas who is the terrorist. Now apparently it appears that someone posted something which didn't come from me. Because I am not sure who is impersonating me, I will pause from writing more than one entry a week until I determine who is doing this. I did have someone spew hateful things at me and the Western World. I have no tolerance for hate of any kind. This war in the Middle East is brutal. Hamas is a terrorist group. What is happening now with all the people and children being killed who are innocent is heartbreaking. However, in Canada regardless of where one is from, they should be getting along here. There is no room for hate here. We need to remember that hate is a crime in Canada. It is hateful when one spews hate, keep people from entering establishments, mean graffiti etc.....We need to remember that democracy is fragile. I serve all people and always have. My work is to help people, help themselves. MY work is to keep people alive when they want to die because of desperation. My work is to help families find peace for themselves. My work is to help couples rediscover their love for each other. I have probably worked with people from every culture and religion. As far as I am concerned people deep down are all the same. We need our families and friends. We need the basics of life. We need to have food and water. We need to have shelter. We need to feel safe. We need all the basics before we can be the best we can be. For that person who spewed such hatred at me because of my representation of the Western Word, my first thought was I am so glad to be a Canadian, where I can't be subjected to the consequences of that hate. The second thing that came to mind, was how hard it must be to feel such hatred. I believe that the majority of people are good. There are extremists who seem to find themselves in the pool of hatred who cause harm. What I think we should be mindful of is people who normally come here to become Canadians do so because of a reason. Just recently someone told me at a function that her family came to Canada so she and her sisters could be free to be who they wanted to be - it was for the opportunities they as women would not have at their country of origin. They love their country of course, but it is here that they feel safe. I have heard of women being inprisoned for refusing to change their religion and were subsequently raped and beaten. People who come to live here deserve to feel safe and cared for. We must remember that it is unfair to target any religion or race. Extremists are a minority group who speak volumes, but are just that - the minority. Most people want to just make a living for a healthy and happy life. So, remember this when you want to hurt someone because of something you don't understand. Who you are spewing hate at is someone like yourself, more so than different. Remember that prejudice - is prejudging. There were studies that showed that people who were prejudice were placed with people of the group they hated. Well hold and behold, they found that they were human. How spectacular. Perhaps that is what we need to do when there is a hate crime. Have the culprit do community services for the group they hate, so they can see the humanity which they would not be able to see if there was no exposure. One of the best things in Toronto is the food of the different cultures. Ok, I am vegetarian but I can go into a Palestenian restaurant or Jewish restaurant and have good food. I listen to the stories of new comers and hear of their dreams. So, if you see my name associated with any hate about anyone, it is not me, but let me know where you hear it from. My motto has been since my youth when I was a lifeguard, "Whomever you see in distress recognize in him a fellow man (man at the time included everyone)." Have a good week. Please be kind. If you feel hate in your heart, examine it. If you are of faith, pray. We need it. What do you think? Until next week. PS. I am also selling my books now on amazon. No ebooks are uploaded yet. Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment