Wednesday 28 September 2022

Bringing you up to date - me, me, me

I have booked way too many educational events but it is all good. I have a thirst for knowledge and have a curious spirit. I had found that most of what I was learning was redundant. Addictions I have been drowning in, however, there is such a problem out there that I cannot ignore it. I have been attending anything new but what is most important to me is the research out there. I have also been incorporating more fun. We are social creatures and I am definitely one of them. I have always enjoyed groups of people, functions, social gatherings etc….I have also enjoyed spending time with close friends though death has claimed too many. Last weekend I was in my favourite place in Canada - Niagara Falls. I was with a group and someone told me that one person had free tickets to catch the show. Knowing my love for theatre I was asked if I was interested. In a heart beat I flew to the area, but behold the person with tickets was not there. I asked the Usher if anyone had left a ticket - nope. So I hurried back to find the host and she too was invisible, so I returned to the Usher to pay for a ticket. Hold and behold there was a man telling the same Usher that he had an extra ticket for anyone who wanted it. (I am anyone) I reached out my palm and said yes. He gave it to me and we were off. He told me we had the front seats and I thought that we would be just near the front. Nope. We literally had first row seats. Of course I offered him payment for the tickets and he declined saying it had not cost him anything. Not used to getting anything for free, I took out 20.00 ’s from my wallet and suggested he take at least a bit of money. He declined once again and I was floored. The man is from Scarborough and I was impressed. I loved the show. It was “Spirit of the Dance” and they had the Irish Tenors and Celtic girls singers. Before I knew it, it was finished. I had a real good time and then I thanked my gentleman and departed. I told him he had made my week. I wanted to give him at least a book, but he asked me no questions except a few basic ones and I didn’t want to ruin his generous spirit by giving him any cards. It was a very nice gesture. This was just a nice guy and it was refreshing. The next day I called Revenue Canada and the woman I talked to helped me out (because I still have not received my return after seven months). She too went out of her way to be nice. She even checked my last years return and indeed my accountant had royally erred and not in my favour. She provided me with some instructions and am sure that will all be sorted out. I was flying. I went to see my host and told her about the kind man with a generous soul and she said nice things happen to good people. Do I agree with that comment? Nope, but I took it anyway, but here is where I become the psychotherapist and not the writer. Bad things happen to good people all the time. I cannot recall how many times I have heard people say how upset they are because they have fallen in bad times at no fault of their own and how they feel they are being punished by God. Sometimes their reality tumbles and they are devastated. They are not alone and this is where it also benefits them to get support. There are children starving and dying in certain countries. Do they deserve that? There is an exploitation of children women and men. Do they deserve it? No. When people are dying from a disease, do they deserve that? No, no, no. So remember take the good but also remember that it doesn’t define you. This guy I met was simply an honest man and a giving man. I am appreciative of this, because we are living in a world where it can be quite dangerous. Seeing such souls as this is uplifting. Why not do something nice for someone if you can today. How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment