Friday 6 May 2022

For Love of Country - Military Policewoman continues See me at Word on the street, Jun 11&12, at Queens Park (Toronto)

“The members of SIU section Winnipeg wish Silva a long and prosperous second career, but caution her not to choose any trade related to automobiles. Good luck Silva. Maj Solist, our commanding officer, was seated at my right. I was pleased. I learned that he had not been formally invited; instead he had arrived at the detachment asking to pay his twenty dollars to attend. He had seen a flyer, I imagine. Capt Jones, our Security Officer, was seated at my mother’s side. He had not been in Toronto long and was new to the Military Police Branch. I had spoken to him a few times and liked him. He was amiable, polite, and handsome, even with a beard. His futile attempts to have a conversation with my mother were almost comical. He was not aware of her current predicament. Seated beside the Captain was his Warrant Officer. He too was new to Toronto. At the other end of the table beside Maj Solist was my dear friend Maj Cassidy. I simply called him “Father”. I had known this priest for about twelve years. https://silvaredigonda.ca Excerpt From: Silva Redigonda. “For love of country : military policewoman. Note: Maj Solist and I continued to be friends way past both our retirements. His death was a suffering loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment