Friday 25 March 2022

The Effectiveness of Inpatient Treatment for substance use disorder

Yesterday, I attended the webinar and I won’t be talking much about it because they will be sending me the video and slides. I will post the video. Should you want the slides email me and I will forward them to you. Dr Basedown, Psychologist was the speaker and she talked about various assessment and diagnostic tools. The in-house treatment take 600 patients a year and she talked about their self reporting outcomes. One thing of interest is that of a study of 708 patients in British Columbia they found a higher level of addiction and psychological dysfunction in females compared to males. However, Females had a greater reduction in addiction symptoms and improvements in emotion regulations compared to men. I should be getting the video two weeks at the latest and will post it here for you. Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment