Wednesday 9 March 2022

#China accuses Nato of pushing tensions between Russia and Ukraine to a breaking point”

“China accuses NATO of pushing tensions between Russia and Ukraine to a breaking point.” That was the print scrolling underneath the major news being broadcasted when I watched the news this morning. I was wondering how long it would take for them to defend Russia for invading a country. I have been watching the news about this war each day. My admiration for the President of Ukraine and the Ukraine people has only grown. I can’t remember the last time I saw such integrity, courage and resilience. I was never interested in visiting Eastern Europe before, seeing most of the West, but this has changed. While Putin is bombing Ukraine killing men, women, children and their pets, what is being broadcasted to the Russian people is that Ukraine is the aggressor. Protestors in Russia who know what is going on and protesting are being arrested for treason? Really? So, now all free media is being closed off in Russia so Putin can continue his rant of how he and Russia is the victim. Putin thought the time was ripe for this invasion. He manipulated the media in the States and probably here and elsewhere. He saw the division and protests here and the States and the Western world. He did not see that the majority is usually silent. He thought there was so much division that the time was ripe to start taking over countries who apparently want to join NATO. Attack one and you attack all if you belong to NATO. I have always been concerned about dictatorship. Here is a man, Putin with his limited cronies in Russia trying to take over another country and reckless in his manner. It has been methodical and cruel. But, he was wrong. While he roughly and cruelly kills families even those trying to escape, Ukraine begs the world for help. The West and NATO do try to help by following the rules. Individual companies are also pulling out of Russia. Imagine a world without Starbucks? Ok, I have to throw in some humour. I have been wondering what I can offer. I am going to attend a meeting hopefully today to ask one of my Associations what we can do? As for China, for some time now I have not bought anything from China. For some time, I have left stores stating I didn’t want to buy from China and apparently I haven’t been the only one. Laura’s clothing store sells clothes including from China but also Canadian clothing and from other countries, so does Costco and Home Sense. Individuals have power if they want to use it. I have nothing against the Chinese people or Russian people. I have plenty against their leadership. It is not only these two countries we have to worry about. There are others and that is why we have to tread lightly while we do our best. We don’t want world war 111. I certainly don’t, but I also want to stop Russia from doing further harm. Our own leaders as part of NATO have a very difficult job, more so than ever before in their life time. How do you stop invasion without causing a war? Biden said he doesn’t want to be known as the President who caused World War 111. This is such a difficult situation especially because Putin has shown himself to be the opposite of the President of Ukraine. Putin lies, has no integrity and certainly no courage. He has shown himself to be the bully and using the power of his country to dominate. I always wondered how Hitler, a man who was limited in his intelligence could cause so much harm. I wondered why no one managed to terminate him, though many tried. People fear Putin, not because he is brilliant even though he managed to get into power through corruption and stay there with the same methods. He is feared because of his lacking of morality. He is feared because he threatens with nuclear war. Europe is fearful and even his own ministry depicted fear in their faces. What is this man capable of? We are beginning to see and if this isn’t stopped I believe we are only seeing the beginning. Let’s be kind and supportive to all people in our countries. Let’s open our arms in support of the Ukraine people but also understand that it is not the people of Russia responsible for what is going on. They don’t even get the right information and Putin has shut down any media that does not agree with his own, fake news which he is projecting. This is about one man and his cronies, only a few men in the scope of the threat, against one country while threatening the world with nuclear warfare if we interfere. We need to ask ourselves, what happens if we do not interfere? A slippery slope and for now I am praying for peace and praying that Putin stops this torture and invasion. I pray for the Ukraine President and his people. For now I can stop buying from any country which has a dictator, but I know I need to do more even as an individual and so I need to recognize what that is. I hope Putin proves me wrong. I hope that he makes the decision to stop this invasion and decides that he prefers peace. I hope and hope as I watch the news each day. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment