Tuesday 22 March 2022

The continuous bombing of Ukraine is demonstrating our inhumanity

When I was in undergrad, I remember a prof showing slides of the animal kingdom and he stated that we in the animal kingdom are the most dangerous. All other creatures do not kill unless there is a need to. As I reflect, after hearing the news I hear the echo of his words. I mouth we do not kill only for food, we kill for sport, for control etc…. We kill. This morning while reflecting and enjoying my morning coffee, I watched my pets enjoy their meal and the squirrel on the deck munching on his apple slices. I thought of how I enjoy watching nature at work. I heard the birds chirp as spring awakens with new beginnings and new hope. I am quite pleased with myself. I accomplished all my goals plus. I am content with life. However, I have concerns for the future of my world. I think back to a cartoon of my youth where Donato a cartoonist for the Toronto Sun who retired had drawn a picture of our planet and a devil arrives and states we are not ready. Then another drawing of the planet depicting wars is shown and again the devil states we are not ready. Finally, at the last drawing of our planet shows complete devastation and the devil states we are now ready. I found it very interesting and meaningful at the time. I loved his cartoons and was sorry to see him retire though it was well deserved. I don’t have access to many cartoons these days because I have pretty well stopped getting the paper. We seem to be entering another stage, though I think we need to find a way to maintain independent news. We need that to keep democracy. We see how Russia is being kept from the news which Putin has complete control of. As we watch the massacre of civilians in Ukraine, Putin tells his people it is only fake news. Again, it is a projection of himself being the fake. What comes to mind often is Shakespeare's, “All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.” As I watch Ukraine suffer and die, I think of our passion for reality tv and this is the ultimate horror reality tv. We have taken away Putin’s and his cronies toys, their yachts, their mansions, their finances etc….He has said that Biden is not welcomed in Russia, nor our Prime Minister, etc….And all the while, Putin barely human at this point using hypersonic weapons travelling faster than five times the speed of light to bomb children, civilian women and the elderly. Just today, a 95 year old man who survived the holocaust of about four different camps died at the hands of Putin. He was bombed. As you watch children being dismembered and killed, Putin claims it is all “fake.” What a complete and utter fool, and this is the man and I use the term loosely, who has the world in a standstill. We are watching this all being played out as we stand and watch. Oh yes, we are helping. That is the least we can do. We had a street sign put up where the Russian Consulate is stating free Ukraine. If the Russian Consulate move, then the sign will move with him. There is humanitarian relief which Putin now doesn’t want the Ukrainians to have access to. Children are dying from dehydration. He bombs and bombs and bombs and will not negotiate. Surrendering is not a negotiation. We have just stood by and watched one man destroy, destroy, destroy and control. What does that say for us? Today my sympathies also go to the families of the 132 souls who crashed in China. On a lighter note, the sun is shining here in Toronto. It is brisk but warmer air after some more snow is in the horizon. I am looking forward to spending as much time as possible outdoors. I can do paperwork outside as the birds sing to me as I move my fingers on the keyboard. I am also looking forward to watching movies in my backyard. Today my focus will be doing my income tax. Yup, I am doing it myself, since I don’t want to experience last years disaster. I have already re-done my psychotherapy business (redigondapsychotherapy.com) about three or four times. They don’t send out guides anymore for businesses and finding it all on line is too consuming. I believe in the motto of “kiss” (keep it simple stupid). So I now do my book business which should be more simple (www.silvaredigonda.ca). Then I will do the general taxes which I received a guide for and so that should be easy. I have saved today to get all that done hopefully with minimum interruption. Is that possible? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment