Saturday 16 October 2021

Bringing you up to date about me - How about me?

Today I am attending a 6 hour webinar with “Sisters in Crime.” I have had to put my book aside once again. I know that I could finish it all if I could be isolated for one month with only coffee and food and my pets. However, I work for a living which I enjoy. I have had to turn down webinars once again which I would like and learn from, but unfortunately I am already booked. I have appointments now up to December. I am also getting up to date with my physical health which my doctors have been patiently waiting for me and so now take full opportunities with bringing me up to date. I am fortunate to have a good physician and eye doctor. Both worked through the pandemic and saw their patients. It was me saying no, not til I am fully vaccinated. Now I am, with Pfizer. I have become more patient with people who are not. I ask and learn, that some are simply scared not understanding that that they have more to fear from getting COVID. Another person told me that she didn’t believe COVID existed until her mother got it. Others are confused because of the false information. Others are concerned of how our levels of government provide confusing data. What do I think? I do think that our government is doing its best. Can it do better? Of course, but perfection does not exist. I think we need to enhance our education system. I didn’t learn about vaccines until I studied, “Medicine, Biology and the human body.” It was a first year course. I think we need to provide this in high school perhaps more simplified. As I mentioned before I was forced to drop Science in high school because I refused to dissect a frog. That stopped me from moving on to other courses because it was a pre-requisite. That was a shame because I love science. I know that students in university still suffer because they feel forced to do to animals what they find unethical. It is when they stop suffering that they need to worry. I think that if a student finds something difficult such as dissecting an animal they shouldn’t be forced to drop the course unless they require it for their profession. On a lighter note, as you know Revenue Canada killed me this year, so my Accountant knows by now that he is fired, and will not be surprised when I don’t see him next year. I am still paying back more than I thought was possible. So, I have booked two courses for next month, one for Corporate taxes and the other for regular individual business. I haven’t decided if I shall return to doing my own taxes or find another Accountant. I learned from Revenue Canada that Accountants making errors is not uncommon. The question is how much should I do myself? When I do my own taxes, I separate my private practice from my books. My accountant did not. I thought that was the reason I was getting more than usual. I figured they know where the tax breaks come from. I know that I don’t want another year of gathering all info in this computer age. Another thing I have to do now is set up a new website. I have https://www.redigondapsychotherapy.com . Go Daddy offered to do it for me for a discounted price, but it is still too high for me at the moment so that is my next project I want to try to start next week by watching the video and slides. I have used my old site for 10 years it appears which I also did myself. I notice my photo is pretty lame too. I always change my look, so does it really matter? I haven’t done a professional photo yet because I don’t want to disappoint my clients when they actually see me. My shopify for my books is up to date. That was done for me, but I need to make the changes. If you want to buy one of my books or ebooks, feel free to do that at https://.silvaredigonda.ca. I also brought my car in and of course it is struggling on its last legs. Beginning January next year, I will be increasing my prices for new clients by 10.00 a session and another 10.00 a session for the year later, for new clients at that time. I have not increased my prices for some time to try to make it affordable but it is not practical to do so. There are so many resources in Toronto where people can get free care or pay a minimum. I have also dropped all EAP’s. I think that most of my colleagues who have a lot of experience tend to do that - at least people I know. I now suggest that potential clients contact their insurance companies to determine if my name is registered with them or if they cover Registered Psychotherapists. They are provided with a receipt after an online session which they can provide to their insurance. It is always up to the insurance company if they want to accept a particular professional college. This is determined by the employer with what coverage they want for their employee. So that is one less concern I have. I was toying with the idea of being an International consultant since I cannot provide actual therapy world wide due to restrictions. However, I can consult. I am always surprised how much coaches charge world wide and my own colleagues. I was floored the first time I heard it form a fellow student during a web design course I took. She was charging about four times more than I was with a minimum of education. Most of her clients were Asian. I have been told many times that sometimes people judge your qualifications on what you charge rather than your qualifications. I understand that, but I wouldn’t feel right about it, unless it was based on salary on a sliding scale but I don’t want to do that. So that is bringing you up to date. For right now my private practice is where I want it. I don’t have time to consult world wide right now. I am just a one person operation and so I need to ensure that I have balance for fun as well, even during this pandemic. I hope you have a nice weekend. I thank you for reading my blogs. I hope you gain something from it. I usually share what I lean if it is applicable. I do post my old papers when I am starving for time. I have to record all my education hours which I insert in my resume and save for my college. CAMFT also wants a record of my continuing education so I need to catch up on that as well. I normally provide you with the notes and then record the time so that will be coming because my deadline to myself is December. Have a good weekend. Feel free to check my websites. I need to utilize my other sites as well, but it is here that I like to talk to you and bring up to date with everything. Don’t hesitate to ask a question if you are curious about something. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment