Friday 10 September 2021

9/11

Every year on September 9, I think of all the people who were killed, survivors who tell their stories and the families who suffered so much. It is a reminder of how precious our freedom is, our safety is and our morals are. I honour them by ensuring I watch the documentaries of that day. This year I watched the heroic dogs who helped so much on that day and the following days. I watched about the women heroes that day and I have taped a series of the last 20 years between then and now. I still have to watch that. We also have a now retired firefighter from the GTA tell his own story about how he drove there from here to help. He and about three others from his team drove as fast as they could and was directed in New York to the site. They were attached to a firestation. He mentioned how someone tried to give him money which was collected for a days work. He declined, which makes me only prouder. I believe we lost 25 Canadians that day as well. A year later, I was in New York on vacation and stood there looking at the memorials placed on fences and stood to look at the ruins. I love New York City. There was a time I wanted to live there but our lives often takes us in different directions. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment