Tuesday 14 September 2021

I voted!!!!!!!!!!!!!Now I can move on

I decided to take yesterday off. I did my civic duty and went to vote. I still had no idea who to vote for. Each political party had plus and minuses. Walking to the community centre was a man pushing a stroller and he passed me when he noticed he was making me nervous. He was amiable and told the volunteers that his son had an unemployed dad. I would have hired him on the spot. He was well spoken and wonderful to his son, which made me nervous when he was behind me. When you write about serial murderers, you never know who that could be behind you. I was next to make a point. Since I am self employed, I just said that I still didn't know who to vote for. The tall volunteer nodded saying he understood and I could have a few minutes. I grabbed my pencil and went to the makeshift booth to vote. I wondered if I should be counting the few minutes as I stared down. I noticed that the liberal candidate was first. My eyes scrolled down. How many seconds did I have left? Then I did it. I marked my X across the box and voted for someone I had discarded. I decided I couldn't vote this time as a process of elimination. I had to vote for someone who would probably not get elected but who had the greatest concern for the enviroment. Did I do the right thing? I wondered that as I placed my used pencil in a small cup. I left my booth proud that I didn't exceed a few minutes. "It came to me." I remarked leaving the area. I felt relieved. I didn't want to wait until the election day because I wanted to avoid crowds and I did. I decided that after such a strenuous difficult time of pondering who to vote for I could now relax. Who is going to win? I really don't know. I am taking a wait and see approach. It should be interesting this time around. I believe it will be between the Liberals and Conservatives. However, people can surprise you. After editing my book for a while, I went to socialize deciding to take a break. After all I deserved it. Trying to figure out who to vote for was painful. An acquaintance asked me quite angrily if I had voted for Trudeau. She was "pissed". It used to be so easy. When did it become scary to say who you voted for? She eased off after awhile telling me who she had voted for quite pleased with herself. I roared with laughter and couldn't stop. She didn't realize that who she had voted for was liberal and Trudeau's people. Here was a woman who dispises Trudeau and voted for him without knowing it. "Don't tell anyone." She pleaded. "I'll just tell my sister." I responded. However, this is so good, I decided to tell the world. I'll tell her next time. It is fun to socialize. Oh well. I did my duty. It was not easy for me, but it came. Who will I vote for next round? I have no clue! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment