Friday 13 November 2020

App for emergency persons. AAMFT Conference

"This web app aids those who are deployed to emergency response events in maintaining their own physical, emotional, and social well-being. It provides resources for before, during, and after deployments that help to responders to take care of daily needs, monitor their own functioning, reflect on experiences, and more. A variety of responders (e.g., physicians/nurses, EMTs, police/fire personnel, behaviorists) will find this app useful. Caring for oneself is essential in order to do this kind of work well. https://firstrespondertoolkit.com/" I wanted to share the above information with you. I was going to try it myself first, but I am assured that this is all legitimate. Yesterday was busy, but today I will have a few breaks with the same amount of four hours instruction. I require 20 hours of continuing education yearly and I was concerned that this year I would not be able to get courses, boy was I wrong. I have had so many invitations, that it is first come, first sign up. I don't accept invites unless it is from my associations or universities. I have checked into some interests and found that they were suspicious, so I don't even bother anymore. Much of what I have attended is not new, however some is and I will want to share with you. Because there is so much information and I still have to share my notes, I will stream line it, like I have above. I have talked to you about trauma, but I never had a kit to help you. I will update you on any information or research. If the States continues providing me with this, I will not divorce them. They are advertizing their universities and maybe today I will be able to visit them during my breaks. Virtual is making it possible for me to attend. My pets are getting older and needier. They have given me such joy and continue to do so, that they are my priority in keeping them feeling secure and happy. This pandemic has allowed me to appreciate the benefits of telehealth and so I shall continue with this stream. Will talk again next week. I am enjoying the conference, though navigating was a trial and error. I shall be more prepared today and in future. Keep safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment