Friday 30 October 2020

Hallowe'en and bringing you up to date

The weekend is here once again. It has been a busy week. I had a full day education with one organization, a meeting with an association. Another meeting with a guest speaker today and of course I see my clients in the midst of all this. TGIF. I cannot believe Hallowe'en is here. Hey, I even managed to go out and buy a mini bottle of champagne to celebrate the American elections, but I will have to wait for next weekend to celebrate that with pizza, because I have an early, early morning Wednesday. Tomorrow is my first virtual Hallowe'en party celebration. I am not quite sure how it works, but I am game. It is with the Sisters of Crime. Men are members too and that is how I was introduced to the organization. My book is still suffering due to all the other work I am doing. However, it is all in my brain cells. Tomorrow night should prove interesting. I have been debating what to do with kid's who knock on my door. Aside from when I have been out of the country or working the night shift or going out trick or treating myself, I have never missed it. This year I did not decorate my house except for one table cloth runner which I bought in the States last year. The rest of my fun stuff is still in its storage waiting for next year. I debated about what to do. So, finally I decided that kids will still get their treats if they come around. I will put out a sign tomorrow (orange) and say that this year I am invisible and they are to help themselves. I shall put the chips and chocolate and they can take whatever they want. My neighbourhood is full of kids and they are so very cute. I just cannot stop myself, my bad. Please parents take the sanitizer with you, stay 6' apart and better still celebrate at home with popcorn, games, scary kid movies. However, I know that in my neighbourhood, they will still come out and I just cannot ignore that. I'll let you know how that goes next week. I have lots of information for you and I will make some time to get it out to you. Stay safe. Enjoy the holiday and make time for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment