Saturday 14 March 2020

Update of my services as suggested by one of my associations.

I don't charge for cancellation fees when people are sick. HOwever, when there is a no show or minimal cancellation time I do charge for the entire session. People who see me directly by their EAP do not fall in this bracket. There is no money exchange at anytime. I do regularly keep areas clean. Though I haven't had alcohol wipes available for clients, this has changed sinced the pandemic. I have found that in the past, clients regardless of how sick they were would still come and see me. I now request while this pandemic exists, that clients either agree to a telephone session if permitted by their EAP/Insurance or wait til they are free from illness. I do not presently have a secure video HEPPA but will seriously consider this. My objective is to be available to all clients and will continue to see clients and upgrade my services to continue in providing service to all my clients presently and in the future. I will adhere to all recommendations from my Associations and College. This can be a trying time for many. Should I feel ill, I will immediately alert my clients and EAP's and take appropriate self care measures and isolation following the procedure of Canada Health. I have received the following email from one of my Associations and appreciate the suggestions: Waive cancellation fees Clean all surfaces Reassure clients WHO information Dear fellow members, These are very difficult times and the COVID-19 Pandemic has significant implications for all of us who work in private practice, health care/social service agencies and educational settings. The following are a few recommendations that we hope will help you as you decide how to communicate with your clients regarding the pandemic and ensure a safe setting in which to provide individual, couples and family therapy: Ensure that commonly touched surfaces in your workspace are regularly being disinfected such as doorknobs, pens and armrests. Add additional boxes of tissues and hand sanitizer to your office. Remember that this virus is easily dislodged with soap and water or alcohol wipes. Contact your clients to ask them to notify you if they have been out of the country recently, have experienced any symptoms (fever, cough or difficulty breathing), or have knowingly been in contact with anyone with symptoms of COVID-19. Use this opportunity to reassure your clients and provide factual information. If you or any of your clients are symptomatic, have tested positive for COVID-19 or have been in contact with someone who has been exposed; or are self-isolating as a precautionary measure, or as mandated by a government agency, please explore the alternative of using phone sessions or a secure video conference platform (check with your provincial regulatory body to determine their policy on using a video conference platform) Consider waiving any cancellation fees you might have during this time The 24-hour news cycle and the overwhelming number of online sources of information (excellent, good, bad, misinformed and just plain dangerous) could make some clients feel overwhelmed or anxious. PLEASE use information and facts from these two trusted sources during this difficult time: o Public Health Agency of Canada o World Health Organization

No comments:

Post a Comment