Wednesday 24 January 2018

Depression and Seasonal Depression in Later Life

I am behind with my information gleaned from conferences, etc…… I have been focusing on my counting hours etc....for my college renewal and it is tax time again so I need to offer that attention. I attended one session provided by Susan Weld, MSQ, RSW back in Nov. She reported what I have already informed you about in previous blogs so I won’t repeat myself but she did provide some stats which I always find interesting. She said that 14% to 20% of the elderly living in the community experience depression symptoms and 40% in long term care. 3% to 5% experience SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) and 10% to 15% at the clinical level. Another piece of notes meant for the trash and now stored here and in word. Have a nice day/week and get that sun whenever you can. I have already mentioned that there are lamps for sale for those who suffer and need them. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment