Tuesday 5 September 2017

American Association of Family Therapy divorcing Canada?

Well first there is a name change with one of my credentials and now it appears that by a 75% to 25% vote AAMFT wants a divorce. What does that mean for me? I am not quite sure. To remain and have that credential I have to join the Canadian one and that means more costs for more associations. So before I decide I shall have to attend all the meetings to come. I have one next month at a Hamilton hospital which will also generate 6 hours of education hours and another annual meeting for Ontario Association of Family Therapy in November just North of the city. So, I am going to do some discerning. My focus has been gaining knowledge for the care of clients and that has been where my education has been focused on. Now I have to make time for all these associations I belong to which costs a great deal of money which will probably increase. So, I will keep you briefed with what is happening here in Canada but will continue to report what I learn and that applies to Americans. Maybe I am being divorced but I will remain friendly during the banishment. I have already achieved all my education hours for three years but hey, I am on a roll and good thing for me, I like learning. Wish me luck with this process. I have taken the time to take photos for my book which I am not totally pleased with but it will have to do. I prefer creative work with no time constraints. I will let my publisher decide. The final outcome has been sent to me and I am trying to figure out the time for that. I am my best in the morning. I am debating teaching perhaps one course for the community one day or night a week. I am debating. My college likes that and I have to admit I do like teaching. It would be interactive for the all people, educated or not. That is it for now. I have saved an article I want to share with you about the American Military (I am not divorcing you). For now, have a good week and focus on what is good in your life. Having difficulty with that one? Then why not make changes for yourself? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment