Saturday 8 April 2017

Rough week for the world

It has been a tough week for the world. The horrific attack on helpless civilians especially children and babies in Syria is incomprehensible. Yet, that prompted Trump to destroy the airfield where the substance was sent from. Having dictators that abuse and cause such harm should be abolished in this era. It is no surprise to me that there are countries that stand by this dictatorship as they have much in common. My prayers are to all who have suffered and in Sweden too. I try to refrain from politics, but I am also aware of the devastating long term emotional turmoil this has on the survivors. In a country where so many have fled from their countries to live in a democratic county, carry the wounds of where they are from. Some manage to find solace and move on but many continue to suffer as they watch their country of origin continue to abuse and destroy. I always encourage to find a support system to share your stories and if you need more get it. There are charitable organizations who offer support and counselling if you cannot afford it. In a world where there is so much suffering because of extremists, greed and hatred, I know that we also have a beautiful world. I urge people who suffer to rediscover the beauty of nature and to surround yourself with positive and caring people. Hope is very powerful. I have often heard people ask me why? Why does this happen? Where is God? I too puzzled with this question in school once and the response was an obvious one to me. "We have free will." We have the free will to cause harm to be beneficial. We have the free will to love or to hate. We have the free will to be better. We also have the free will to ignore what happens in the world or we have the free will to do something about it. On a lighter note and back to my own reality, I have to re-read my third book one more time. That will be four times. Though my book is fiction, I learned something from someone that I used in my book. This was retracted so I must now re-read everything to amend what was written. However, a friend at dinner made a positive comment. Since I had left the book aside thinking it was completed, I could begin fresh. He is correct. So this will be the final editing. I have read two interesting articles, one about dreams and another about suicide which I will be sharing with you in future blogs. Next week I am hoping to provide information pertaining to veterans. Thank you for reading my blogs. Excuse the delay about my school notes, but be assured I will continue to write. What do you think about what is going on in the world? Does this sadden you? Have you been affected by violence of any kind? Have you been a support to someone who has been violated. What have you suffered? Have you found a way to cope and to enjoy life? Why not? What has worked for you? Find your own nook where you can find peace. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment