Monday 24 April 2017

Sacred Relics Of The Saints: Treasures of The Church

I attended a teaching and exposition of Sacred Relics provided by Father Carlos Martins of the Companions of the Cross. I learned that there are three classes of relics which I was unaware of and I do hope he used the word class since I was not taking notes. The first is the flesh and/or bones of the Saint. The second is a piece of clothing which belonged to the Saint and the third is something that has touched the first or second. He talked about the incorruptibles and depicted a photo of a nun who died in the late 1800 hundreds. Her body has remained intact as she was when she died. Father Carlos stated that the church had hired a French scientist who was an atheist to examine the body. The scientist reported the smell of roses when he cut an opening to her body. There was no decay. When he examined an organ, fresh blood poured out. His results were inconclusive. There was no explanation how this was possible. It is interesting that after this he became a Catholic. Father Carlos spoke of miracles occurring after his events of the people touching the relics. He is recording the miracles and I do hope he writes a book and that there is a research study for these amazing events. He spoke of one man rising from his wheelchair and being able to walk again. He spoke of a child who was cured of cancer. I began to think and wonder is this hysteria? Is this a placebo effect? I always question. There were 204 relics, 184 which has been authenticated. The oldest relic 2000 years old. After the lecture I walked to the front of the church to touch the relic of Christ’s cross. I also touched the relic of Mary’s dress. I descended into the basement and there on tables were the many relics. I touched each one. There were relics of saints I did not know and then there were relics of famous saints. I do think that this is a must for every Catholic to see. I also think that this is good for everyone to attend, skeptic or not. There is so much we do not know or understand. I like to keep an open mind, yet question. I do know that attending this function had me overwhelmed. For more information check out www.TreasuresOfTheChurch.com. Father Carlos travels throughout Canada and the USA. I believe he travels world wide. He also depends on donations for his work and I will certainly donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment