Monday 3 October 2016

Word on the Street - Yes!

Word on the Street was fun and extraordinary at the same time. There is an excitement that generates when you get writers and readers alike at one grand festival. I do love the waterfront and having a view of watching the lake with boats and planes passing by is just about perfect. Again I met tourists and one complained to me about paying 600. a night and getting served with paper plates and cups. I told him he should complain but he didn’t want to. Then I informed him (once again - since last year) that our Mayor loves tourists and he should write him a letter of his experience with the hotel. I have never paid $600. a night for a hotel, but I would expect proper plates etc……Well this is one tourist who will return to his country and tell them how horrible the service is here in Toronto and how expensive. That is too bad, because we do have a beautiful city with lots of real plates and glasses too. I met many wonderful people from Toronto as well who just love books and talking about them. I promised my third book for sale at the next “Word on the Street.” It is so meaningful when people return to find my next book. I can only hope that I bring some joy to people. I love writing as you may have guessed. This is such an amazing world and we each need to find a way to make it better for someone else as well as ourselves. What is your passion? What do you think? ( I will be writing another entry having to do with theology this week as promised)

No comments:

Post a Comment