Wednesday 30 March 2016

Another trip to Montreal

I do love Montreal and I could easily live there if it was not for the problem of being hampered by speaking only English and Italian. I tried to use a computer there and it offered 6 languages and not one of English. I had used the computer before without any problems but there are still dissidents who have a dislike for English speaking and that is most unfortunate. The taxi cabber who picked me up at the station said he could not speak English, yet another told me every cab driver does speak English. It is so sad that a city that is so beautiful and vibrant still has those die hards to try to hold on to only one language. Other than that which is a big one, and the only obstacle for me, Montreal has a European flair that I just love. Everything around me was open 24 hours, including second cup. I even drank my coffee outside on the patio at 630 am - a first for me this spring. This time I went to Montreal to visit someone I care about who is in the hospital. I am surprised that in Montreal both men and women share a room. I teased my cousin about sharing the room with a woman. However, he did not share my humour. I would have some concerns about both sexes sharing a room but that may be my own biases. I want for myself separate bathrooms for men and women and if you have read my second book, you would know that. I wondered how receptive bookstores in Montreal would be of my books. I have sort of put the books on hold again as I re-assess my marketing skills (zilch). I did not have time to site see and missed Easter services due to my travelling times - that is a first, however I did tape the services. I know that is not sufficient. The food on Via train never fails to amaze me. It was awesome. I love our trains in Canada and would recommend it to everyone. Travel business class as it is really worth it. So, I am back and hope that you all did have a nice Easter. Today

No comments:

Post a Comment