Friday 12 June 2015

About my books: 2 are on ebay ----------- Go Daddy.........why?

I have been exploring my options and again I have to give it a rest, due to other work and play commitments. I have placed two books for sale on ebay. I have also learned after spending a full morning this week, that you can not upload an ebook on ebay which is too bad. The impression I am getting is that there is a concern of copy rights. I hold all rights to all of my two books and ebook. I am looking into pay pal for my blog so that I can post my books here and have interested parties pay via paypal. If I could have done that with the other one I wasted a lot of time with, surely I could do it here. Being a self published writer is a learning experience. If I wanted to do this right, I would have to hire an agent, a distributer etc....It is a big business which is kind of sad because the actual writer can beome quite dissuaded. However, where there is a will, there is a way, and I shall find it. I have to always consider that I have two businesses and I write for fun which has nothing to do with my practice. However, I do keep a few books there if anyone ever wants to drop by. This would be so easy if Go Daddy could figure out how to put a link to Canada Post. So, when you are buying products you think is coming from the States, it could be coming from Russia. Is that not interesting??? Now Canada has to start getting motivated to do our own thing. I have sent out emails to Canadian Companies and guess what?????You can guess, because I am still trying to figure this all out. Also, check the better business borough and complaints. That brought me back to the beginning. So, I need to now take a break from all this book non-business and do my other stuff. I shall pick a day next week to continue figuring this out. Who knows maybe by then Go Daddy will figure out how to put a link to Canada Post (Canada Post is complaining about losing business - maybe I should call them to see if they have any options for me? Their on-line business web doesn't really enlighten me). Maybe ebay can figure out that maybe people can sign and prove that they have all rights to their book? Wouldn't that be something? I am not really a business person because I have always worked in the service of others and quite frankly still do. But, what I would recommend to people out there, is get a business degree before deciding what you want for a career, because our world is one big business. So in a dog eat dog world, this pup is ready to roar. Have a nice weekend, thank you for reading my blogs. Take time to relax daily and spend one full day of time for something you love to do by yourself or family. Too much stress is very destructive and it can creep up without you realizing it. Managing stress should always be part of your life. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment