Monday 20 October 2014

Sex Addiction seminar and FSNA meeting

It is going to be a busy week. Last night I attended and dined at a really good Italian Restaurant where I heard a speaker and author of "Ashamed No More, A Pastor's Journey Through Sex Addiction" by T.C. Ryan (2012) speak about his journey and recovery. I was impressed by the addiction counsellors in attendance who had fought their own battles and can now help others. I connected with other addiction counsellors and left satisfied with the connections I had made. I haven't had a chance to read his book but I am looking forward to it. I am still reading Divorce Busters in tiny portions. Today I went to the Federal Retirees meeting and was treated to a nice lunch. Keep this up and I will save on eating costs (but not parking). To all retired Federal employees this is a good Association to belong to. I volunteer as a Health Benefits Assistant. There is only so long you can belong to an association before they grab you, but it helps me keep in touch with what our benefits are. This week is a learning experience and I am only seeing clients one day due to all the fairs, seminars, lectures etc....I will have one day of rest and another of more rest. I shall keep you briefed of anything new. For those of you who suffer from Sex addiction, if what he talked about is anything close to his book, I suggest you pick up a copy. Maybe it is time for you to move on from shame and get the help you need. You are not alone. One book he said made him aware that he was not alone was "Out of the Shadows" by Patrick............He identified with what Patrick wrote. Though my interest is not addictions, it has become more of a concern in conjunction with other conditions. It is never too late or too early to talk to someone about addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment