Friday 14 March 2014

American Veteran living in Canada getting into trouble for feeding birds in harsh winter

I received my Toronto Sun paper this morning and as I read and read, I wondered why I still buy the paper. One writer who knew nothing about global warming was carrying on. Another writer, I stopped reading a long time ago because she had written an article side by side with another writer which were so different and yet they were in the same court room. There is perception and then there is misinformation. Who was telling the truth about what was heard? I chose to select the other writer, merely because it was more comparable to other print and news. I could have been wrong but with what I had, I chose the other. I understand that papers like to sensationalize and get people going, but I think that people today deserve "news." I do not need to pay to buy the paper and when I do I like to get my money's worth. However, reading about the American Veteran this morning was getting my money's worth today. It warmed my heart. People at times do not understand veterans. They do not understand veterans who return home from wars and they do not understand veterans who served in the cold war. People can be very insensitive when it comes to their views about veterans in general. But, in this insensitivety you learn a lot about the person who is bashing. They have the freedom to bash because of the military that protects them, their country and the countries of others. We have a responsibility to protect those who are vulnerable. That is my opinion. This 73 year old, USA Veteran who has made his home in Canada according to the Toronto Sun, p4 by Joe Warmington, has received two bylaw offence tickets with the promise of more for "feeding the waterfowl in Cobourg Harbour." This U.S. Vet is quoted as saying that he will be planning to do whatever to "try to save these birds." The vet had reportd finding 31 dead ducks. When he began to feed them corn, they became "alive and and now they are happy bunnies." This veteran also has people supporting him and offering to pay for food and fines. The vet reports in the Toronto Sun, ""I was told by an official that if they die that's just the way it goes."" I remember not too long ago being told, "I do not like the military and my two ex husbands were Catholic." Three times is a charm. I imagine they are still Catholic. The venom told me I could be in trouble but a higher power, was there in the room as well. Do challenges ever stop if we dare venture to live in the world? I cannot help but admire this US Veteran who keeps on trying to protect, even against impossible odds. I cannot help but admire this man who has so much heart that he believes in the protection of life. I cannot help but admire such a man who at 73 still cares. So for you people who like to tell veterans how heartless they are, how much life is important and how they are just killing machines, take a good look at yourself this morning. Maybe be a bit more kinder to the next vet you speak to. Or perhaps do the vet a favour and do not speak at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment