Thursday 14 November 2013

Disaster in the Philippines

I notice that one of my readers today is from the Philippines. The news is full of reports and updates. It is sad to hear people beg for help, but help is coming. A woman recently asked me why God permits this? I spoke about global warming and free choice. But, in reality disasters have always occurred. What I marvel when I see the news is how countries bound to help. I also notice which countries are not helping. I dream of a world where everyone unites to help those who need it. Our country is matching donation dollars. I just want to say to my Philippine reader that I am thinking of your country and am watching and praying for you as many others are. I believe that prayer is very powerful and there have been a few studies to demonstrate that. From the sadness, there is a glimpse of humanity, as people gather to put aside their quarrels and unite for a greater purpose. This is what I call hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment