Friday 10 August 2012

Are you going to buy my book? I wrote it for fun.

     Trying to sell a book as a novice writer is no easy task.  It doesn’t help that the small independent book stores have been gobbled up by big corporations.  It does not help that I am not any of my favorite writers. It does not help that if I hired a distributer, I would be in the red for 10 % on each book. So if you do decide to buy my book, please keep in mind that it has nothing to do with theology.  It is not a psychology book either.  I cringed when I found it there in a bookstore.  I wrote this for fun and it took two months to complete.  I am writing my second book now which is a bit more serious as it has to do with life in the military.  However, it is more about the social perspective - about people.  It has nothing that should put me in jail and not pass go.  It is about life, and growth and fairly soon about history.  My first book however is just pure fun.  It provides dating advice for men. And some men really do need to open up and take heed.  I was once asked by a local community reporter, what it is about my book that is different from other books about dating.  I have no clue since I never read any.   I did however, since I have spent most of my life in the company of men, listen to their many woes.  Sometimes men thought I was an expert about women because I am one. 

     I have been surprised about the feedback I have received and I am not sure why I was so surprised.  After all people have different perspectives.  I am pleased that men who have enjoyed my book seem to have read it in the spirit with which it was meant.  Since these men were handsome and secure, I was quite flattered.  There are some men who have been given this book by their wives and I understood that they have hated it.  There was one who also thought that he fell in love with me which was a bit creepy.  Ok, it was a lot creepy!  But, it really is just for fun and if I can make some money while enjoying writing, it is even more fun.  So if you want to buy this book from a struggling writer and give me some positive feedback without the love stuff (too creepy) please send $9.95 in Canadian or American funds to  Silva Redigonda, P.O. Box 58074, 3089 Dufferin Street.  Toronto, Ontario, M6A 3C8.  No taxes are required to be paid at this time, since I have not sold enough to even be taxed (how bad is that?).   What do you think?   

No comments:

Post a Comment