Saturday 28 April 2012

A bit of me

It is the weekend once again and plans have been thwarted because of a death.  I shall be with family.  I will be writing about grief eventually, but not today.  I have started writing  my "Memory" notes which I hope some of you will read.  It is ironic that I am writing about memory as it applies to psychology, as I am retrieving my own memory codes to write my second book.  I had always planned to write this one away from the city.  My dream was to write, where I was away at some mysterious cottage near the water with no distractions (except a nearby cafe, by the water).  But, life gets in the way.  Since studying so much these last years and working, I realize that this spring will be my lightest weight since my first retirement.  I am enjoying this period as I take pause.  I should be focused to sell my first book more actively, but I am a novice and I still have another plan for that.  I will find some post box where I can perhaps have people send me some funds and then I can mail it out to them where ever they are.  Maybe I will get lucky.  I am positive.  I wrote that one for fun and the reaction was quite interesting.  Some felt I was telling men what to do, others thought I was great and others hated me.  I don't know why I was surprised.  I wrote it with fun and humour and just looked at it, from my perspective.  We all have our own perspectives and we react accordingly.  I will eventually be posting some short reports on transference and counter-transference.  I studied this, regarding how it pertains to clients, but like everything else that we study or live, we can utilize it across different fields.  So, I should have known better and not have been surprised by the reactions that I received.  I was playing in the form of a book, that took me two months to write and to finally discover how hard it is to publish a book and have an income as a novice.  This second book is different.  I have to retrieve my memory, look at notes and journals and pause.  It is from my soul.  It is, I am discovering, looking at my younger self and wanting to protect her.  This one will sell, I presume because it is about history and growth.  I have gone back in time and as I write, I have become the young woman, that I once was.  I write each morning and then I do all the other things one does in life. 
     I encourage everyone to live one's dreams, as I have lived mine, and continue to do so.  We go through different stages (as you are getting a sense of by my blogs or/and your own knowledge) and we are provided with different roadways.  Which road do you take?  Can you take it?  I remember a psychologist professor, telling us that we may not be able to make a client happy, but we will be able to do is make them less sad and their life more manageable.  Why not take a moment again this weekend to examine your life.  Are you happy?  Why not?  Is there something you can do to change that?    What is it that you can change, that can help you accomplish that?     Are you with people who are making you miserable?  Why are you keeping yourself in that position?  Are you in an abusive relationship?  Do you have an escape plan?  (I will help you with that as well, later).  Remember that balance is important.  You need that time for yourself.  You need to nurture yourself.  Have a nice weekend and do something for fun if you can.     

No comments:

Post a Comment