Search This Blog

Thursday 4 July 2024

What have I been up to?

Happy belated Canada Day and America, Happy Independence Day! In the summer time fewer people need my help because in general people feel better in the summer. It has been so hot in Toronto that I can only deal with it in the morning and evening. Otherwise, I am in air conditioning. Yup - and I also read a lot more when I can sit outside. I have to admit, I have been feeling lazy, wanting to play more and work less. I should be loading up photos soon of places to go. I went to my first gay wedding, my first outside wedding and my first Jewish wedding all in one day. Again, I had to travel to the middle of nowhere. Now, if you ever go to a Jewish wedding, bring yourself a thermos of coffee. The brother of the bride whom I know, did his best and couldn't succeed. There was all kind of booze but no coffee bar. Apparently if meat is served, milk won't be and that is why a Jewish friend of mine, said that coffee was not served. That I take my coffee black didn't matter I suppose, but you know what? I got my coffee, by telling my server that if I didn't get my coffee within a half hour, she would not want to see me. She quickly brought me a coffee to go. Only, of course I stayed. There was red wine and white wine and all kinds of spirits. However, I was driving. Don't drink and drive people. It doesn't take much for me get drunk and that is exactly what happened when a friend of mine who has cancer came over. We each had two drinks of wine and that is all it took, because I guess we don't drink that much. I blurted out that my friend could not die because I am running out of friends. That caused a lot of laughter. So, say a prayer please for my friend. I debated what I was going to do Canada Day but decided that this year I would stay home with Mr Attitude. He is 100 years old in cat years apparently. We are getting old together. He is getting more annoying but I cannot imagine him gone. I didn't even want pets, but boy did I get attached with this little guy no one wanted and his two adopted siblings no one wanted because they were so wild. Holy Terror died and so did Misty girl. So, I spent the night on Canada Day watching the fireworks from my room. The little guy is scared of fireworks so the airconditioning is on and all the windows closed, because my neighbourhood invests in lots of fireworks. When my little guy goes to pet heaven, I shall soothe myself by going on a great vacation. I have been looking at trips and real estate for years but the little guy who hisses at big dogs and house cleaners, is a priority. He hates people and animals. Now that he is older he doesn't hide but challenges so I need to be careful. No more cleaners or new visitors. I have to hope he stays away from my office. I want to have as much fun as possible while still maintaining my responsibilities. That is all for this week, but I shall continue with all my saga next week, you will once again get my work on theology, therapy and writers corner. For now, have fun this week, try something new but stay out of trouble. Good talk. If you want a suspense spooky book, order mine at www.silvaredigonda.ca What are you waiting for - Ominous - released for the first time this year. Feel free to make positive comments on any of my books. Again, I am available to book clubs etc...I actually, unlike my pet, like people. What? You don't like my book?????????? Where's my violin? Next book event is 24th of Aug 24 at the Coptic Centre in Mississauga. They are nice to me. Later.

1 comment: