Friday 22 March 2024

For Love of Country - Military Policewoman continues https://www.silvaredigonda.ca

I was working a nightshift. One of the Dutch policemen told me we had to set traps for cats so that they could be put to sleep. It was an order from the camp Colonel. I disagreed with the order and told him so. However, I accompanied him while he got some fish and set the trap. A cat was trapped and he left it in the cage. The cat tried to tear her way out, causing her to bleed. The Dutch policeman learned that the vet was not available to put the cat down until after the weekend. Dutch was upset at the screeching of the cat, while I drowned out the sounds by listening to music with headphones. I reminded Dutch of what I thought and he finally let the cat go. Before the weekend was over, Dutch once again went to get some fish to set the trap. I was with him and saw the same cat. She sat just outside the trap and stood firm. None of the other approaching cats would enter the cage. I was amazed. The smell of the fish alone must have been a real treat after just eating their regular diet of the large rats I heard so much about. Yet not one cat or kitten would enter the cage. There seemed to be some silent type of communication. That day I developed a newfound respect for cats. How could they know and rationalize?” Excerpt From: Silva Redigonda. “For love of country : military policewoman. https://www.silvaredigonda.ca For photo check out facebook or X Ominous is now listed in Crime Writers of Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment