Tuesday 28 February 2023

China, China, China - Politics - Something to think about

Stat Can reports that Canadian imports from China hit 100 billion in 2022, setting a new trade record. I do my best not to buy any product from China. Why? China is dictatorship. There has been two Federal elections where China seems to be interfering. In 2021 there were allegations that China was bribing and funding particular candidates. This seems widespread involving an abundance of resources and people according to the press. Canada does not have protection against this (what's new?). This is a major concern for me and what I find disturbing is Trudeau defending a liberal politician who is investigated by our Intelligence and what does he do? Instead of a full scale independent investigation, he bashes our CSIS, our intelligence whose job this is. Sound familiar? I was stunned by the Prime Minister's reaction. Why is he so defensive? What is really going on? Years ago I was at a function where a man informed me he was a politician. So, I asked a political question which I think was quite benign. However, he exploded stating he was at a private function, and that he was a member of parliament and therefore needed to be respected. I didn't even know he was a politician, until he informed me. It was not difficult to mentally note that he was very stressed. He lost in the next election a few weeks later. Being a politician is a privilege and whoever is elected with this power should protect us. Last night I listened to the Prime Minister who said words to the effect that non public figures do not dictate to politicians. Wow! He talked about the democratic process in his determination to defend the liberal politician in question. I believe our Intelligence people and the press who expose what is going on. Apparently the Prime Minister was warned before this particular liberal was placed in power. If I was in a position of any power and the spy agency warned me that a candidate was being supported by the Chinese, would I ignore it? No, I love my country and democracy which we need to protect. Politicians come and go. Politicians are elected by us, the average person. We do have very much of a say, especially if we feel that there may be a threat. We have already learned that China has set up police stations here in Canada. What else is going on and why are there not sanctions in place to protect us? So, I think it is about time that people begin to really think about what is going on and to vote accordingly. What do you think? Enough politics .............

No comments:

Post a Comment